Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
From what I saw on Twitter

Tua played 3 series had one TD and looked solid but hard to gauge with limited reps.

Jalen was hot and cold. Made some nice throws but also had some bad ones.

Davis had at least 2 sacks and had Jalen running a ton. In a real game Jalen would have had 2 long runs maybe for TDs.

Like I said above Leatherwood struggled at RT vs both Davis and Lewis.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Interesting to see him leading the PC with the kicking game. May have been asked but I missed it. One weapon we will miss is JK Scott.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wanted to add this for those interested but the back 7 on Defense in Nickel was as follows:

CB's: Jared Mayden and Savion Smith

Nickel: Shyheim Carter

Safety's: Deionte Thompson and Xavier McKinney

ILB's: Dylan Moses and Mack Wilson

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Tua played 3 series had one TD and looked solid but hard to gauge with limited reps.

Davis had at least 2 sacks and had Jalen running a ton. In a real game Jalen would have had 2 long runs maybe for TDs.

Like I said above Leatherwood struggled at RT vs both Davis and Lewis.
We might end up being a bit saltier up front on D than we might have thought. Leatherwood and Wills can play, I think. This will make them better.

Last edited by a moderator:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Like I said above Leatherwood struggled at RT vs both Davis and Lewis.[/QUOTE]

We might end up being a bit saltier up front on D than we might have thought. Leatherwood and Wills can play, I think. This will make them better.
I think Leatherwood proved he can play vs UGA. I think Davis and Lewis will give quite a few tackles fits and OL coaches heartburn this fall.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Maybe best news of all:

-- Joseph Bulovas was 4 of 5 on the field goals. None were chip shots, per Saban. "That was encouraging," Saban said.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Saban said the QB's were under too much pressure at times. Nothing really new there since pass protection has been a problem in recent years. Jalen had to run for his life too many times last season. I just don't hope it prevents Tua from having the kind of season I think he can have.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban said the QB's were under too much pressure at times. Nothing really new there since pass protection has been a problem in recent years. Jalen had to run for his life too many times last season. I just don't hope it prevents Tua from having the kind of season I think he can have.
He also said part of that was the late change in the OL grouping. The staff made changes this week and during the scrimmage.

IOW, a guy like Raekwon Davis is going to feast all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
He also said part of that was the late change in the OL grouping. The staff made changes this week and during the scrimmage.

IOW, a guy like Raekwon Davis is going to feast all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barring injury, and maybe even if that does happen, my bet is that we have Mr. Davis for one more season.

He's no joke, and every OL and OL coach in the country knows it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.