Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
QB battle is over for the spring, it would seem. I imagine it'll be Jalen with #1s and Mac Jones with the #2s in the A-day game.

Glad we can now talk about this all summer into fall camp!!!

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Good to hear. Interesting I saw more than one tweet about it. Wonder why he was absent during media viewing time?
Saban said he didn't play and confirmed the setback. It doesn't sound like he will play on A day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Great, we are going to the spring game and Tia isn't going to play. Very disappointed since it is all about me.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
QB battle is over for the spring, it would seem. I imagine it'll be Jalen with #1s and Mac Jones with the #2s in the A-day game.

Glad we can now talk about this all summer into fall camp!!!
The way I look at it the battle was always going to be won in August anyway. If Saban named either the starter after A-day the other would likely transfer. I hope Jalen looks vastly improved next Saturday throwing the ball and the battle moves into the fall. We need Jalen and Tua to keep pushing one another.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
The way I look at it the battle was always going to be won in August anyway. If Saban named either the starter after A-day the other would likely transfer. I hope Jalen looks vastly improved next Saturday throwing the ball and the battle moves into the fall. We need Jalen and Tua to keep pushing one another.
I dont think we can get an accurate gauge of QB improvement with the inexperience of our secondary. It will be a very bad sign if Jalen struggles on A-day.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I dont think we can get an accurate gauge of QB improvement with the inexperience of our secondary. It will be a very bad sign if Jalen struggles on A-day.

That's not necessarily true. You can see if he stays in the pocket longer, pulls the trigger faster on quick passes, etc. Its obviously not as good as a live game scenario but you can still see some things. Just don't be fooled if Hurts has a lot of passing yards because of a few deep balls to his wide open 1st read or things like that.

Basically, look to see if Hurts executes in ways that he has previously struggled. If he executes in ways we already know he can that isn't improvement. Im sure we will see some improvement but I'm curious to see how much.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It looks like we'll just have to wait and see which QB comes on the field on the first possession against Louisville. That might have been Coach Saban's idea all along, even without an injury. It's probably good to keep Louisville guessing about who it is so they must spend time preparing for both.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It looks like we'll just have to wait and see which QB comes on the field on the first possession against Louisville. That might have been Coach Saban's idea all along, even without an injury. It's probably good to keep Louisville guessing about who it is so they must spend time preparing for both.
This was my thinking the whole time. Why let the opening teams know what we are doing. It would make us happy on here but the extra work the other teams would have to do would be well worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This was my thinking the whole time. Why let the opening teams know what we are doing. It would make us happy on here but the extra work the other teams would have to do would be well worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree however, Louisville’s D is a dumpster fire and we could tell them who the QB will be and if we are gonna run or pass each play and we’d hang 30+ on them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So, we are going to watch a meaningless spring game. Maybe selfish of me, but if Tua doesn't play in this game, I am going to be more than a little disappointed.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
So, we are going to watch a meaningless spring game. Maybe selfish of me, but if Tua doesn't play in this game, I am going to be more than a little disappointed.
Have you ever seen a "meaningful" spring game? No matter who was playing it was going to be meaningless. To be honest we already know Tua is capable of slinging the ball around the field. He did it in a championship game. He's already passed the test. I'm more interested to see what Hurts does with his progressions based on the plays he's given.

The game you see will be a shadow of the team that takes the field in September.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Not to crap on your expectations because its be cool to see all the players, especially the mythical Tua, on the field for the 1st time since his overtime heroics.

But Spring, in my opinion, was always more important for Jalen than Tua. He has to prove he can distribute the ball even BETTER than Tua to hold onto his position whereas Tua really only needs to perhaps show a little more ball security.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Have you ever seen a "meaningful" spring game? No matter who was playing it was going to be meaningless. To be honest we already know Tua is capable of slinging the ball around the field. He did it in a championship game. He's already passed the test. I'm more interested to see what Hurts does with his progressions based on the plays he's given.

The game you see will be a shadow of the team that takes the field in September.
I finally get a chance to see Tua pass in person and he doesn't play. I'm not sorry that this greatly disappoints me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.