Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 273
  1. #14
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    2,968

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I hope that Jess is wrong about the offensive line.
    Why? Wrong about how they are injury prone?
    Or do you think that the superb depth will lead to transfers?
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Arlington, Tx
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Why? Wrong about how they are injury prone?
    Or do you think that the superb depth will lead to transfers?
    I think many are of the mind that Leatherwood needs to be playing, and not on the bench. Whether that means a move of J Williams to center or back to RT, or Leatherwood going to RT, his performance in the NCG made many believe he is ready to take on a starting role. There may be others, but that is the one that stood out to me.

  4. #16
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Argo, AL, St Clair
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    I think many are of the mind that Leatherwood needs to be playing, and not on the bench. Whether that means a move of J Williams to center or back to RT, or Leatherwood going to RT, his performance in the NCG made many believe he is ready to take on a starting role. There may be others, but that is the one that stood out to me.
    Saban tends to focus on getting the best 5 and then the best 5 after that during the spring so the OL competition this spring will likely be the most intense we have seen. We have also seen established starters lose their jobs at OL too so by no means is he going to start players just because they started last year.
    BS 1989

  5. #17
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas TX in body, Tuscaloosa in spirit
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    What’s a schecule?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16,222

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    I think many are of the mind that Leatherwood needs to be playing, and not on the bench. Whether that means a move of J Williams to center or back to RT, or Leatherwood going to RT, his performance in the NCG made many believe he is ready to take on a starting role. There may be others, but that is the one that stood out to me.
    Leatherwood is a 3 year player. He looked like a better LT than Williams. You need to start him somewhere next year.

  7. #19
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    17,450

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 63:1 View Post
    What’s a schecule?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Schedules for people with bad proof readers.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  8. #20
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,520

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Leatherwood is a 3 year player. He looked like a better LT than Williams. You need to start him somewhere next year.
    Williams was pretty dinged up even before he went out against UGA, so a before and after during that game probably isn't the best yardstick. that said, I agree that leatherwood looked great against UGA. One thing to consider though - is that the ENTIRE OL looked way better with Tua in the game versus Jalen. That said I wouldn't be shocked to see Leatherwood in the line up at one OT, and Williams at the other. I think Ross P slides inside since he ran with the 1's at OC the spring before bozeman won out, then moved back to OG. that leaves Womack either moving to LG, or as odd man out. He wasn't amazing last year, but he also wasn't horrible. He was the most frequent victim of Hurts flushing out though, so at times looked worse than he really was. when your QB develops a tendency of flushing right way more than he should it puts your RT in a really, really bad spot since he's pushing his guy out and up, trying to get him past the qb, but if the qb moves that way then the RT has a tough time re-positioning to cut off pursuit.

  9. #21
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,280
    Thread Starter

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    Williams was pretty dinged up even before he went out against UGA, so a before and after during that game probably isn't the best yardstick. that said, I agree that leatherwood looked great against UGA. One thing to consider though - is that the ENTIRE OL looked way better with Tua in the game versus Jalen. That said I wouldn't be shocked to see Leatherwood in the line up at one OT, and Williams at the other. I think Ross P slides inside since he ran with the 1's at OC the spring before bozeman won out, then moved back to OG. that leaves Womack either moving to LG, or as odd man out. He wasn't amazing last year, but he also wasn't horrible. He was the most frequent victim of Hurts flushing out though, so at times looked worse than he really was. when your QB develops a tendency of flushing right way more than he should it puts your RT in a really, really bad spot since he's pushing his guy out and up, trying to get him past the qb, but if the qb moves that way then the RT has a tough time re-positioning to cut off pursuit.
    Something else to consider, though, is Tua being a lefty. Is Womack good enough to be Tua's blindside blocker for 12+ games?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  10. #22
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,169

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    Thank you for posting. The new little league association we joined this year put all of my son's games on Saturdays. So Ill have to catch a replay of the spring game.

    Download ESPN app on your tablet or phone, and you can watch spring game on your phone.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  11. #23
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,280
    Thread Starter

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Alabama starting OL expected to miss spring with foot injury


    Alabama right tackle Matt Womack recently sustained a broken a bone in his foot, BamaOnLine has learned, and is expected to miss all of the team’s spring practices, which begin today.


    The injury occurred during a workout, and he will have surgery on his injured foot this week.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  12. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16,222

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

    Hate it for Womack. A few guys are going to get some serious time at RT with his injury. The article seems to indicate that this opens something up for Wills at RT, but I hope that Wills plays guard, Williams moves back to RT and Leatherwood plays LT.

  13. #25
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,009

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

    Didn't see this posted. If it has, my apologies.

    From the article:

    "Nick ain't thinking about retiring, not even close," Spurrier said. "He can go into his 70s easy, and I think he will.

    "I told him he won't retire until he loses three games in a season. He told me, 'If I ever lose three games around here again, they might kill me.' I think he was joking, but I'm not sure."
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...coaching-plans
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  14. #26
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,400

    Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

    Yikes. Feel awful for him. I would be slightly surprised if he ends up as the starting RT after this

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!

Bama Gear up to 60% off!

TideFansStore.com - Fanatics up to 60% off through midnight 6/11!