Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Count me in the group that isn't concerned about Hurts throwing INTs. It has been covered some, but he had so much pressure on him for so long, that I think he became worried that one bad throw could cost Alabama the game, or a title, or lose him his job. That's a lot of pressure riding on your shoulders, and while he does have some limitations as a passer, I think he made him look even worse than he actually is. If he's going to take a step forward as a passer, he has to be willing to take some risks and find his limitations. It can't be just "oh well I can't throw that ball because it might not turn out well".

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Count me in the group that isn't concerned about Hurts throwing INTs. It has been covered some, but he had so much pressure on him for so long, that I think he became worried that one bad throw could cost Alabama the game, or a title, or lose him his job. That's a lot of pressure riding on your shoulders, and while he does have some limitations as a passer, I think he made him look even worse than he actually is. If he's going to take a step forward as a passer, he has to be willing to take some risks and find his limitations. It can't be just "oh well I can't throw that ball because it might not turn out well".
I agree! The unfortunate situation he's in now is that to succeed he will probably have to throw some INTs to be successful. Tua may throw more than we are used to as well (using Jalen as a comparison), but the difference is Tua is naturally gifted enough to throw another 3 or 4 tds for every INT he throws. What we don't know is how Jalen might respond to more INTs and what that might do to his confidence.

Much of the difference in them (right now) is probably confidence to hit their mark (accuracy). It's not that Jalen is awful, but he's just less predictable, compared to Tua. Tua, on the other hand, is amazingly accurate. One report last year (I think it was one of our defensive backs) said something like "Tua can thread a needle" at just about any distance.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
At this point I just hope Tua's hand injury isn't more serious than we think. If something is torn in there he may not be ready for the beginning of the season. Do we know what the exact injury is or exactly how he re-aggravated it?

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I agree! The unfortunate situation he's in now is that to succeed he will probably have to throw some INTs to be successful. Tua may throw more than we are used to as well (using Jalen as a comparison), but the difference is Tua is naturally gifted enough to throw another 3 or 4 tds for every INT he throws. What we don't know is how Jalen might respond to more INTs and what that might do to his confidence.

Much of the difference in them (right now) is probably confidence to hit their mark (accuracy). It's not that Jalen is awful, but he's just less predictable, compared to Tua. Tua, on the other hand, is amazingly accurate. One report last year (I think it was one of our defensive backs) said something like "Tua can thread a needle" at just about any distance.
I think the worst thing Jalen can do is try to force throws and make mistakes. The reason he has been successful to this point is by not making mistakes. It's not like he doesn't have the arm to make the throws, but what holds him back is the inability find the open receiver quickly. Nothing good will come from him trying to force throws on a late read. His best way to see the field is to keep his mistakes to a minimum and play the game he has played the last two years. That still won't be enough if Tua is what we believe he is but imo it's his only chance.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the worst thing Jalen can do is try to force throws and make mistakes. The reason he has been successful to this point is by not making mistakes. It's not like he doesn't have the arm to make the throws, but what holds him back is the inability find the open receiver quickly. Nothing good will come from him trying to force throws on a late read. His best way to see the field is to keep his mistakes to a minimum and play the game he has played the last two years. That still won't be enough if Tua is what we believe he is but imo it's his only chance.
There's some truth to that. I think sometimes, however, Jalen sees the open person but he's just slow to pull the trigger....like a full 1-2 seconds to pull the trigger even when someone is wideopen. This is what's hard to explain.

I don't think their field vision is in the same zip code, but Tua's reaction time is faster than the blink of an eye.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I didn't see an A-day game thread, so here goes. I am planning on taking my boy to his first bama game this weekend. I haven't been in about 6 years.. Any advice on where to park for ease of getting in and out. I know some things have changed in that time.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I didn't see an A-day game thread, so here goes. I am planning on taking my boy to his first bama game this weekend. I haven't been in about 6 years.. Any advice on where to park for ease of getting in and out. I know some things have changed in that time.
Try the second page and the title is "Alabama Spring Game". B1GTide started it and it might be the thread you are looking for.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Glad the OL was the same. I'm rooting for that lineup.

Also glad they are still working Moses at OLB some. I really think he has a good shot to put up some eye popping numbers over the next 2 seasons
Me too brother!! On paper it looks 2012 type good. That right side especially has me excited.

I think our running game with be almost unstoppable for many reasons.... Tua keeping D's honest, Harris and Harris being freaks, and road grader level nasty blocking!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.