Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    From what I know of last season's practice, Tua got plenty of reps with the starting WRs.
    Maybe, but it certainly didn't look like it in games. He hit the freshman receivers in stride. He completed passes to the seniors, but it just wasn't the same. So something was different, and I think it was reps. Admittedly, I could be wrong.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Maybe, but it certainly didn't look like it in games. He hit the freshman receivers in stride. He completed passes to the seniors, but it just wasn't the same. So something was different, and I think it was reps. Admittedly, I could be wrong.
    Part of that can be attributed to them all playing together during the summer before their senior year as well as playing together in All Star games.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Part of that can be attributed to them all playing together during the summer before their senior year as well as playing together in All Star games.
    Certainly possible - reps count - all reps count.

Anyway, we`ll damn sure know a lot more about Mac Jones as we head into summer.

He is most definitely the beneficiary of this. Hope he has good spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post

Let' not forget about Jalen. He is your best QB should something happen to Tua during the season. This injury should help the entire team stay behind Jalen. You may need him at some point this year. He needs to continue to improve.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Let' not forget about Jalen. He is your best QB should something happen to Tua during the season. This injury should help the entire team stay behind Jalen. You may need him at some point this year. He needs to continue to improve.
    Just watching the QB's during the media period yesterday I came away with some observations, admittedly with a very small sample size.

Dan Enos will have a very positive impact to overall QB effectiveness. It is a world apart from the way Daboll worked with them last year.

Jalen was very focused and throwing the ball with good arm speed.

I tend to think that what has held JH back has been 1)him having an opportunity to mature to what is required at this level of competition and the confidence that comes with maturity.
    2) Having consistent coaching on an everyday basis to enable him to become all he can be.

Can he improve his passing accuracy? I believe so. Can he improve his decision making? I believe he will make dramatic improvements under Enos.

I expect JH to be a very good QB by the time we get to Louisville in the fall. How he compares to Tua who has a spectacular arm and QB instincts. A call CNS has to make!

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post

If Mac Jones sees meaningful snaps at Alabama we are in trouble.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Many thought the same thing about Cardale Jones. Stay supportive of all of your players. You never know when you might need them, nor do you know what you might get from them when the time comes.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I disagree. We have no idea to what degree a kid will develop both physically and mentally from one year to the next.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I disagree. We have no idea to what degree a kid will develop both physically and mentally from one year to the next.
    I could definitely be wrong, but I haven't seen it from him. Maybe he's improved *a lot*. I would be very nervous if he had to start a game against a quality opponent
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

I could definitely be wrong, but I haven't seen it from him. Maybe he's improved *a lot*. I would be very nervous if he had to start a game against a quality opponent
    He's only been on campus a year. Give the kid some time.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation First Team

He's only been on campus a year. Give the kid some time.
    Amen! Kids reach maturity at different ages. It causes me to wonder what Greg McElroy looked like at the same age.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Someone has already mentioned his name, but think back to Greg McElroy. Could you imagine what he looked like his freshman year going against the one's, heck, even the two's? Lost as a goose. But ultimately developed into an efficient quarterback that played a big role in us winning a title and winning a lot of games. Everyone doesn't develop at the same rate. Don't give up on him just yet.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon