Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

I'm not giving up on him, I'm not hoping he fails, I'm just saying he didn't look too hot in the past.

Statistically he won't be around by the end of 2019
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    I'm not giving up on him, I'm not hoping he fails, I'm just saying he didn't look too hot in the past.

Statistically he won't be around by the end of 2019
    How many times have you seen him play while he's been at Alabama? He's only played in an open scrimmage once.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

A little overreach on Mac Jones potential. I personally thought he looked like a young AJM last year in his limited opportunties during A-Day.

At this point in our QB recruiting, you don't get a committable offer unless you can play.

Hate to hear Tua will likely miss the spring. It'll slightly hurt his developement, especially adjusting to some of the new offensive schemes, but those are things he can still learn even without reps.

I expect JH will benefit with more touches. This will especially help him develop as a passing qb, which I felt would be the major emphasis for him and Enos this spring. I doubt the injury to Tua changes what they had planned to do with Jalen this spring, except, he might get more reps now.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    How many times have you seen him play while he's been at Alabama? He's only played in an open scrimmage once.
    I have seen him play/practice more than once.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

I have seen him play/practice more than once.
    Thanks. Figured that might be the case.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

As for the rest of the team it sounds like they are trying Pierschbacher at center and Casher at LG to start but apparently had different groups working together. Leatherwood was 2nd team and Wills 1st team RT with Womack hurt.

Shavers leading one line of outside WRs through drills is promising. I hope that means he made a lot of progress and is ready to play a bigger role this year.

Interested to see how the DB battles play out but didn't read much useful information from the practice reports yet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Agree on Shavers!!! It's been a long time since we've had a big wide out and at 6'6" he's even taller than Julio.

BamaNation All-American

The thought of Shavers going up for a jump ball in end zone makes me smile.

Here's to hoping Tua's injury is just minor and will not keep him out to long.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

This will be the first time where there's no clear cut #1 guy catching balls. At least that's how it looks. For 3 years it was Ridley, before that Cooper, Maze (for a year in 2011), then Julio before that.

My guess is JJ will be the #1 guy, but I think if Tua is back there you'll see the ball spread out around a lot more. Maybe somebody will end up as a clear #1 but I don't think that's necessary.
    ----

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I'd rather see 4 guys with 500+ yards than another year like last year where the reliance on one receiver became a defensible point for limiting the passing attack altogether.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American

This will be the first time where there's no clear cut #1 guy catching balls. At least that's how it looks. For 3 years it was Ridley, before that Cooper, Maze (for a year in 2011), then Julio before that.

My guess is JJ will be the #1 guy, but I think if Tua is back there you'll see the ball spread out around a lot more. Maybe somebody will end up as a clear #1 but I don't think that's necessary.
    They apparently had JJ leading the slot line. I actually think Ruggs is going to put up the best numbers this year but who knows. We have a few guys who could be capable of leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    They apparently had JJ leading the slot line. I actually think Ruggs is going to put up the best numbers this year but who knows. We have a few guys who could be capable of leading the pack.
    My guess is Ruggs has the best YPC, Jeudy has the most receptions, and then yards and TDs is a toss up. I don't think anyone will have double digit TDs, but at least 4 guys will have 5+ TDs.

It will be much harder to defensively gameplan for Bama this year. Honestly, it will be more difficult than ever. Though, in 2015 it was very easy to gameplan (stop Henry, watch for Coker going deep) for Bama and it didn't seem to help.
    ----