Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

Just a reminder spring practice starts Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

Looks like our game is the only one making ESPN
I think ESPN plans to broadcast the Georgia game right after our game. Our game and the Georgia game are the only two.

EDIT: It looks like ESPN is also broadcasting the Clemson spring game on Apr. 14.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Thought I saw an article JessN tweeted about a preview of spring practice and things to look for, but I don't see a sticky about it.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Thought I saw an article JessN tweeted about a preview of spring practice and things to look for, but I don't see a sticky about it.
I saw this last night too, so the first thing I did was check tidefans, but I couldn't find it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I hope that Jess is wrong about the offensive line.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Thank you for posting. The new little league association we joined this year put all of my son's games on Saturdays. So Ill have to catch a replay of the spring game.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Why? Wrong about how they are injury prone?
Or do you think that the superb depth will lead to transfers?
I think many are of the mind that Leatherwood needs to be playing, and not on the bench. Whether that means a move of J Williams to center or back to RT, or Leatherwood going to RT, his performance in the NCG made many believe he is ready to take on a starting role. There may be others, but that is the one that stood out to me.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I think many are of the mind that Leatherwood needs to be playing, and not on the bench. Whether that means a move of J Williams to center or back to RT, or Leatherwood going to RT, his performance in the NCG made many believe he is ready to take on a starting role. There may be others, but that is the one that stood out to me.
Saban tends to focus on getting the best 5 and then the best 5 after that during the spring so the OL competition this spring will likely be the most intense we have seen. We have also seen established starters lose their jobs at OL too so by no means is he going to start players just because they started last year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Leatherwood is a 3 year player. He looked like a better LT than Williams. You need to start him somewhere next year.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Leatherwood is a 3 year player. He looked like a better LT than Williams. You need to start him somewhere next year.
Williams was pretty dinged up even before he went out against UGA, so a before and after during that game probably isn't the best yardstick. that said, I agree that leatherwood looked great against UGA. One thing to consider though - is that the ENTIRE OL looked way better with Tua in the game versus Jalen. That said I wouldn't be shocked to see Leatherwood in the line up at one OT, and Williams at the other. I think Ross P slides inside since he ran with the 1's at OC the spring before bozeman won out, then moved back to OG. that leaves Womack either moving to LG, or as odd man out. He wasn't amazing last year, but he also wasn't horrible. He was the most frequent victim of Hurts flushing out though, so at times looked worse than he really was. when your QB develops a tendency of flushing right way more than he should it puts your RT in a really, really bad spot since he's pushing his guy out and up, trying to get him past the qb, but if the qb moves that way then the RT has a tough time re-positioning to cut off pursuit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.