Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Part of that can be attributed to them all playing together during the summer before their senior year as well as playing together in All Star games.
Certainly possible - reps count - all reps count.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Anyway, we`ll damn sure know a lot more about Mac Jones as we head into summer.

He is most definitely the beneficiary of this. Hope he has good spring.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Anyway, we`ll damn sure know a lot more about Mac Jones as we head into summer.

He is most definitely the beneficiary of this. Hope he has good spring.
Let' not forget about Jalen. He is your best QB should something happen to Tua during the season. This injury should help the entire team stay behind Jalen. You may need him at some point this year. He needs to continue to improve.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Let' not forget about Jalen. He is your best QB should something happen to Tua during the season. This injury should help the entire team stay behind Jalen. You may need him at some point this year. He needs to continue to improve.
Just watching the QB's during the media period yesterday I came away with some observations, admittedly with a very small sample size.

Dan Enos will have a very positive impact to overall QB effectiveness. It is a world apart from the way Daboll worked with them last year.

Jalen was very focused and throwing the ball with good arm speed.

I tend to think that what has held JH back has been 1)him having an opportunity to mature to what is required at this level of competition and the confidence that comes with maturity.
2) Having consistent coaching on an everyday basis to enable him to become all he can be.

Can he improve his passing accuracy? I believe so. Can he improve his decision making? I believe he will make dramatic improvements under Enos.

I expect JH to be a very good QB by the time we get to Louisville in the fall. How he compares to Tua who has a spectacular arm and QB instincts. A call CNS has to make!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Mac Jones sees meaningful snaps at Alabama we are in trouble.
Many thought the same thing about Cardale Jones. Stay supportive of all of your players. You never know when you might need them, nor do you know what you might get from them when the time comes.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I could definitely be wrong, but I haven't seen it from him. Maybe he's improved *a lot*. I would be very nervous if he had to start a game against a quality opponent
Someone has already mentioned his name, but think back to Greg McElroy. Could you imagine what he looked like his freshman year going against the one's, heck, even the two's? Lost as a goose. But ultimately developed into an efficient quarterback that played a big role in us winning a title and winning a lot of games. Everyone doesn't develop at the same rate. Don't give up on him just yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not giving up on him, I'm not hoping he fails, I'm just saying he didn't look too hot in the past.

Statistically he won't be around by the end of 2019
How many times have you seen him play while he's been at Alabama? He's only played in an open scrimmage once.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A little overreach on Mac Jones potential. I personally thought he looked like a young AJM last year in his limited opportunties during A-Day.

At this point in our QB recruiting, you don't get a committable offer unless you can play.

Hate to hear Tua will likely miss the spring. It'll slightly hurt his developement, especially adjusting to some of the new offensive schemes, but those are things he can still learn even without reps.

I expect JH will benefit with more touches. This will especially help him develop as a passing qb, which I felt would be the major emphasis for him and Enos this spring. I doubt the injury to Tua changes what they had planned to do with Jalen this spring, except, he might get more reps now.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
As for the rest of the team it sounds like they are trying Pierschbacher at center and Casher at LG to start but apparently had different groups working together. Leatherwood was 2nd team and Wills 1st team RT with Womack hurt.

Shavers leading one line of outside WRs through drills is promising. I hope that means he made a lot of progress and is ready to play a bigger role this year.

Interested to see how the DB battles play out but didn't read much useful information from the practice reports yet.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Agree on Shavers!!! It's been a long time since we've had a big wide out and at 6'6" he's even taller than Julio.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.