Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schedule

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: Matt Womack to Miss Spring Practice

If CNS and the staff are able to keep the QB contingent as it`s currently configured by the time the team runs out to play Louisville, it`ll be a master stroke IMO.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Re: Alabama Announces 2018 Spring Practice Schecule

Interesting comment from Jess about Deonte Brown potentially moving inside to the D line. Hard to imagine that there aren`t one or two guys on the O line that don`t have experience on the D side. May well be the best way for some of them to see the field, considering the O line numbers and quality.
Agreed - he might have to drop a bit of weight to fit the mold of our new NG prototype, but he's probably got a more of a chance to see the field there than on O. I think the top 5-7 OL are pretty set and the top 5 starters will come from that group.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Re: Matt Womack to Miss Spring Practice

I suspect it will be easier to teach Tua when to make the read that puts him in "protect the possession" mode than it will be to re-teach how to throw the ball to Jalen after him doing it for 19 years.
That is true but Jalen needs to internalize the importance of him making significant strides if he desires to be a QB. I am doubtful that can happen in the normal course of practice. JH needs to get a personal coach and work his butt off to determine if he can get to where he needs to be.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Devonta Smith was working with the CBs today.
WOW. that's a huge surprise. He played a lot of meaningful reps as a WR so would not have expected him to be a candidate to switch - maybe he will play a little bit of both?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
WOW. that's a huge surprise. He played a lot of meaningful reps as a WR so would not have expected him to be a candidate to switch - maybe he will play a little bit of both?
Has to be for lack of depth at DB. Lost 6 and only 2 of our 5 signees got in early. Devonta will be at WR against Louisville.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Devonta Smith will only play DB as an emergency option. This is about building some familiarity just in case they need to throw him out there in a pinch. Given last year's injury problems, I don't think anyone could fault that plan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.