Link: Officially too far: UCF Championship license plates

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Re: Officially too far: UCF National Championship license plates

Here is what it will look like

They truly are undefeated in being delusional.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

I wonder if there are closed door talks for Bama to play UCF in Orlando instead of Louisville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Well, they are undefeated Champions of their conference. So, it's not a false statement. If it said Undefeated NATIONAL Champions, I might feel that they were trespassing on property belonging to Bama.

ROLL TIDE!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Ridiculous. Almost as bad as USCw trying to claim the 2003 title and rob Coach Saban in the process.
You actually think a RECOGNIZED champion like USC is WORSE than what UCF is doing here?

REEEEAAALLLYYYYY??????

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I wonder if there are closed door talks for Bama to play UCF in Orlando instead of Louisville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. They're all in there wearing tin foil hats with black helicopters circling. It's quite a sight.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Well, they are undefeated Champions of their conference. So, it's not a false statement. If it said Undefeated NATIONAL Champions, I might feel that they were trespassing on property belonging to Bama.

ROLL TIDE!
The original plate proposed said National Champions (that is what I assumed was passed). This plate is a very reasonable celebration of their achievement.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Sure hope not - they're going suck next year and the last thing I want is for them to get any real attention due to their silly antics. Ignore them and they'll fade away.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I cannot remember who said it on Twitter, but it seems like it was a former Alabama player. Basically it was "someone should let UCF fans know their horse has left the barn." They're going to regress to the mean very quickly. It's ok to mock this, or not take it seriously, but I wouldn't get caught up in being upset about it. Reality is knocking at their door. They just don't know it yet.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

5 yrs out, 10 yrs out, 25 yrs out, it does not matter, when people remember 2017 season, people will remember Alabama as the Champs and when told about UCF undefeated season people will say, "good for them."

Alabama is THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS of college football, UCF is not. That is FACT.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saw a media member comment on Twitter about the unanimous vote - so no legislator from Miami or Tallahassee or Gainesville voted no?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Saw a media member comment on Twitter about the unanimous vote - so no legislator from Miami or Tallahassee or Gainesville voted no?
It does not say National Champions. Why would a reasonable person vote against it? They are undefeated, and they are champions (of their conference and the Peach Bowl).

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It does not say National Champions. Why would a reasonable person vote against it? They are undefeated, and they are champions (of their conference and the Peach Bowl).
Good point, I changed the thread title accordingly.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Fair point.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Pardon my crimson colored glasses, but that looks ugly
If I were a UCF fan I imagine I'd kinda like it. Not too bad, honestly. If they're gonna do the plate I wish they'd work in a dig at Auburn... maybe the bowl game score or something.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Good point, I changed the thread title accordingly.
B1GTIDE, I'm glad you received kudos for pointing that out. You're good people, and you deserve it. Best wishes for next year, unless, of course, it involves Bama.
Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield always felt.
ROLL TIDE!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

The suckery of next season will quickly make this go away. We live in a what have you done for me lately society. Your next game is what you are remembered by and as the losses for next season begin to pile up. Their antics of the present will look more and more foolish and my guess is they will be removing the license plates and putting the championship t shirts in the closet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.