Link: Officially too far: UCF Championship license plates

I was in Orlando last month (first weekend) and at Disney and don’t recall seeing any UCF national champ gear. (Or much gear at all, even in the stores). Mostly just the specialty plates is all I saw. And even wearing Bama gear I got multiple Roll Tides and not one “we’re the real champs”. Now mind you I was more on the West side and central areas (picking up my sisters at the airport…all three of us are UA alumni and all three of us wore National championship gear ) and UCF is out on the east side, but I was still surprised at the lack of UCF gear anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I got basically the same thing. I did see one guy with the UCF national championship shirt on. I glanced laughed a bit and kept it moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I was in the Orlando area last week, and to concur with Tide in Athens, nary a single item with UCF national champs was to be found anywhere. I didn't even see any UCF stuff anywhere either - you would've thought that UCF didn't exist as a school. Wearing my Alabama gear didn't get a response either. I thought it was weird considering the massive success they had. My BIL thinks that it all died when Frost left to go to Nebraska.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
It is. UCF has become a joke with all of there "look at me" proclamations about being the 2017 Champs. Nobody outside of UCF will recognize them as champs and yet they continue on this mission of trying to convince people they, not Bama, are the champs. Truly sad.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
They think they are national champs by beating Auburn, the barn usually gets beat 3-4 times a year anyway. If they beat someone in the top five then let's talk.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
They know that the rest of the world is laughing at them, right?
They honestly don’t. One of my work colleagues has a son that just signed with UCF, and he told me they are really playing up the “national championship” thing for recruits. Stuff like “Come to UCF and you can win a national championship too”. It’s honestly disgusting...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Honestly I don't care anymore. If they want to claim a title then let them, but I, and 99% of the rest of the somewhat sane people in the country, will never acknowledge their championship.

I actually have less of an issue with UCF than the Barners over the "state championship" push. Good grief I would thought many of you would be more appalled by this crap.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...n-shows-off-2017-sec-west-championship-rings/

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Honestly I don't care anymore. If they want to claim a title then let them, but I, and 99% of the rest of the somewhat sane people in the country, will never acknowledge their championship.

I actually have less of an issue with UCF than the Barners over the "state championship" push. Good grief I would thought many of you would be more appalled by this crap.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...n-shows-off-2017-sec-west-championship-rings/
I think that most of us are just amazed they may actually be more pathetic than Auburn.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL

I guess were just used to the barners doing it. Remember 2004 "The peoples national champions" etc.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
On a flight last week from DFW to Phoenix and I have full Bama gear on and walking down the aisle.... some putz with a UCF National Championship Shirt on. Of course, acknowledged him with a ROLL TIDE!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Or that most everyone is ignoring them

9 pages and several linked articles tells me people are not ignoring them. If we really want to ignore them , let this thread die. And yes I realize I am posting in this right now too. Let this be the last post ever in this thread and let's move on. Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.