Link: Officially too far: UCF Championship license plates

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Re: Officially too far: UCF National Championship license plates

I think we should go ahead and claim the 1966 and 1977 national titles for Alabama, even though we were awarded it, simply because I believe Alabama was the best team in the country those two years.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Once again - to remind everyone - I think we ue the following criteria (subjective) in conjunction with the objective criteria of who won the title game:

"If you can look yourself in the mirror and say if your job depended on playing either Michigan or Nebraska to keep your job, who would you rather play?"

Who said this?

Scott Frost.

The head coach of UCF last year..........

He was appealing for a share of the national title.

So now.......Alabama or UCF?

Can ANYONE use Frost's own criterion and say, "Yes, we'd rather play Alabama with the coach job on the line than UCF"?

(I also now hope in a sort of poetic justice moment that if Nebraska ever wins the Big Ten as a one-loss team that they lose out to a nobody like UCF or Boise as retribution).

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

So, how many players from UCF's NC team were first round draft picks? 7? 8? 9? 10!?
Bama only had 4. Maybe Bama can outdo them next year.

ROLL TIDE!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

“All I’ll say is if we had stayed there, I would have had a hard time getting behind it,” Frost continued. “I think it was smart by them, because it has kept UCF in the media and in the conversation. But you know, like our rings, I kind of wish my ring just said ‘Undefeated Season’ and ‘Peach Bowl Champion.’ ”
Good for him.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

The insanity has spread to Texas......................

Saw a woman wearing a UCF "National Championship" t-shirt, at a local grocery store yesterday.

I just glared at her.

(I have been making women feel uncomfortable, by looking at them for over 60 years, so unfortunately, she won't know the real reason. I hate it when that happens.)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.