Link: Officially too far: UCF Championship license plates

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Re: Fake national championship

Recruiting porpoises? They're either ripping off their Miami neighbors or the Three Stooges!?!? :)
I for one see where this should be ncaa penalty for recruiting porpoises. If I'm another Team in Fla or anywhere for that matter see this as a recruiting lie. After that I could care less what they do.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Are we so thin skinned and petty to let the actions of ants bother us?

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what they say.

It doesn't matter what they do.

They'll always be UCF and we will always be Bama.

Please, for the love of God, stop letting little trolls trigger you. They aren't worth your attention. Their greatest achievement was beating a streaky Auburn team who was only halfway playing attention. Good for them, but Alabama wins those types of games multiple times a year and when we lose them, we still play well enough to actually win championships. You know, against actual competition - the kind loaded top to bottom with NFL talent. The kind with actual trophies at the end.

Everytime you let them bother you you legitimize their claims. If you argue with a troll, they win.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Re: Officially too far: UCF National Championship license plates

Well say what ya want BUT I personally like the bill. My reasoning is quite simple, it allows us Capstone grads as well as true Tide fans in Florida to be allowed to purchase a Bama specialty plate...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'm still trying to wrap my mind about the warped logic of, "We beat the team who beat the team who won the championship."

In 1990, Georgia Tech:
a) had a better record than Colorado (nation's only unbeaten team)
b) beat the team (Clemson) who beat the team (Illinois) who beat the team (Colorado) that won the title
c) beat the Big 8 runner-up (Nebraska) by more points and easier than did Colorado

Tech DID get a share of the national championship......because there wasn't a playoff system in place to determine such things.....and even then
it was controversial since Colorado's schedule was MUCH more difficult

BETTER EXAMPLE

In 1985, Tennessee:
a) beat the team (Miami) who beat the team (Oklahoma) who won the national championship
b) lost to a team on probation (Florida), meaning it shouldn't really count, meaning they're now undefeated
(If you think my example is ridiculous then I've made my point)
c) was undefeated other than the loss to the team that cheated

I don't recall ANYONE saying in 1985 that Tennessee was the national champions.

Also in 1985, Fresno State was unbeaten and beat the nation's only unbeaten/untied team (Bowling Green) in a bowl game......hence, they're #1, right?

What about 1983?

Auburn:
a) beat the team (Florida) who
b) beat the team (Miami) who
c) beat the team (Nebraska) everyone thought was #1

(I know there was a vote awhile back about recognizing it - which would have been a joke after 30 years of crying "injustice" - but I don't recall Auburn's 1983 team doing anything like this and they played a murderer's row FAR superior to the hacks UCF did)

What about 1993, when West Virginia:
a) beat the team (Boston College)
b) who beat the team (Notre Dame)
c) who beat the team (Florida State)
d) who beat the team (Nebraska) who was undefeated

For those who don't recall, this is how that one turned out:
Florida 41 West Virginia 7

(Keep in mind Florida lost to FSU, 33-21)

Or maybe Appalachian State should be the 2007 national champions????? (Have I gotten ridiculous enough for you yet??)

After all, they:
a) had a better record than LSU (13-2 vs 11-2)
b) they beat the team (Michigan) who
c) beat the team (Florida) who
d) beat the team (S Carolina) who
e) beat the team (Kentucky) who
f) beat the team (LSU) who won the national championship

(once you start "beat the team" logic, you cannot consistently deny it to others)

Boasting on your unbeaten season - the one where they avoided Ga Tech - is fine.

Boasting you're champions when you're not makes you an idiot.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.

In 1990, Georgia Tech:
a) had a better record than Colorado (nation's only unbeaten team)
b) beat the team (Clemson) who beat the team (Illinois) who beat the team (Colorado) that won the title
c) beat the Big 8 runner-up (Nebraska) by more points and easier than did Colorado

Tech DID get a share of the national championship......because there wasn't a playoff system in place to determine such things.....and even then
it was controversial since Colorado's schedule was MUCH more difficult
Wasn't this also the year of the controversial "5th Down" by Colorado against Mizzou ?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Wasn't this also the year of the controversial "5th Down" by Colorado against Mizzou ?
Yes but let's not go there.

That whole thing is FAR more complicated than everyone wants to say.

Starting with - it ain't exactly Colorado's fault the refs couldn't count.

(True irony: the referee was a math teacher during the regular season)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

A UCF coach is now admitting the whole thing is phony bologna....

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Former-U...ts-national-champion-title-is-phony-117665216

"Personally and professionally speaking, I am a national champion when I win the National championship game. I wish we could have had this opportunity because we were playing at a high level. If someone else wants to proclaim and pay me as a national champion, then that’s on them."

A UCF coach is now admitting the whole thing is phony bologna....

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Former-U...ts-national-champion-title-is-phony-117665216

"Personally and professionally speaking, I am a national champion when I win the National championship game. I wish we could have had this opportunity because we were playing at a high level. If someone else wants to proclaim and pay me as a national champion, then that’s on them."
Just read this. Yeah, they played the game perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.