Rumor: Memphis Considering Replacing Smith with Penny Hardaway as Coach

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
East High star Alex Lomax granted release from Wichita State

Very good point guard. Memphis area has some basketball talent. AAA is the largest classification for Tennessee high school basketball.

Lomax wrapped up his decorated career Saturday, scoring 14 points to help the Mustangs defeat Whitehaven, 72-50, to win the Class AAA state title for the third year in a row. He was named tournament MVP for the second time in his career and also won Mr. Basketball as a sophomore and junior.

"I have a lot of respect for Alex Lomax and his family," Shockers coach Gregg Marshall said in a statement released by the school. "When they chose Wichita State in the fall ... my staff and I were honored.

"Obviously, we take commitments to the Shocker program very seriously, but this is a very unique situation where a young man's mentor and coach since the fifth grade has become a Division I coach. Allowing him him out of his NLI (National Letter of Intent) without any penalty is the right thing to do at this time."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.