Oh brother...not another introduction thread...

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Hello everyone,

I guess that it's time I stop lurking around in the shadows, like some twisted little peeping-tom, and step out into the light of the community. I've literally been hanging around this place for years, even joining some time ago, but only posting for the first time a couple of days ago. I'm familiar with you all, and I've stuck around for all this time due to a combination of the moderators, the rules, the wealth of information, and the family environment.

I'll try to speak up on occasion, though I'm much more comfortable listening than I am opening my mouth...my foot tends to taste bad after a while. Since I feel that I know all of you interesting folks so well already, I'll bore you all, and tell y'all a little about myself:

My name is Joel. I've acquired half-a-hundred years of life experience here on this spinning orb that we all call home. I've been married for almost fifteen years. I have an 11 year old son.
I attended UA from 89-93 where I received my BA in Communication. I worked in the printing industry for the next twenty years. I've been a full-time woodworker for the last five. I have a 1400-sq-ft shop here at the house, where I build handmade, acoustic steel-string guitars.
I run the soundboard for the choir and praise/worship band at my church. I married up...and my wife is to be commended for being a wonderful mother, for putting up with my shenanigans, and for allowing me to hang all of my Daniel Moore prints in the living room. And those of you who made it all the way through to this point should be commended also 😳

Roll Tide,
Joel

Last edited:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
It's the slow season, and it took a week for this post to be approved for general consumption, so it started its life buried way down the board...so I thought that I'd bring it up for air.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
We are glad you finally took the plunge and joined our band of Tide followers. You obviously know the rules, the Mods and the unsavory members, so welcome, Joel and have at it.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Welcome, Joel. Thanks for the intro.

This is an unprecedented time in Bama history. All the better to a Tide fan to be a part of it, is it not? RTR!

keystnlabs

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2013
Have our annual hoa meeting this Friday. We have a small villa on the dogwood course & may try to see a few of the arts & crafts displays. It is always spectacular. Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey Joel,

Welcome to the board. I'm in the New Orleans area but from Mobile originally. Can you make an acoustic cutaway with built in pick-up. I normally use a Takemine in church. Do you make anything like that. Roll Tide, Krymsonman

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to TideFans... (You already know that :) )
Come have a good time with us.

I was also a long time Lurker.
I read several years worth of post before I joined.
(Kind of cautious)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I would say "welcome" but since you've been here for so long I will say "Dilly Dilly" for such an entertaining and informative introductory post! Outstanding.

I love working with my hands but am terrible at wood working so much respect to you for that as well.

All the best (and welcome!) ;)

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Awesome post Joelman. I am an ax-man myself or at least somewhat. I admire anyone who can build an instrument. Welcome to the Board. Haven't been here a long time, but I enjoy reading more than posting. I find the folks here very helpful. Very knowledgeable fans on this site.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Hi Krymsonman...
I am tooled up to build an OM/000 (concert) and a 0000 (auditorium) and can incorporate a cutaway into either...preferring a Florentine over a Venetian. I incorporate a soundport and an arm bevel into my builds, and can ad a pickup into any of them...but I refuse to cut a hole into the sides for onboard electronics...because they ruin the aesthetics. If I can figure out how to add photos, I'll post some pictures of the build I just completed last night.

Roll Tide

Last edited:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Much respect for you too Bazza for the way that you, as a Gator fan, conduct yourself on a BAMA board. You're a gentleman, and I always enjoy the perspective that you bring to this board.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.