Game Thread: Alabama-Kentucky (SEC Tournament)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I actually think this is one of the best coaching jobs I've seen @ Bama in a long while for several reasons:
1) We had more players sit out games with injury than any other team in the country (at one point in the season at least).
2) We are starting a lot of freshman. Today's starting lineup was four true freshmen and Dazon.
3) We played the second hardest schedule in the nation and still produces a respectable record. I saw on Twitter that ESPN preseason projected us to be a 10 seed. That's about where we finished.
4) The conference is as good as its been since the early 2000s or may be even the 90s.

In the face of all this, we made the tourney and made a respectable showing in the SEC tourney. The fact AJ held it together is amazing to me.
I don't agree with all his decisions, but he did overcome a lot of hurdles...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I actually think this is one of the best coaching jobs I've seen @ Bama in a long while for several reasons:
1) We had more players sit out games with injury than any other team in the country (at one point in the season at least).
2) We are starting a lot of freshman. Today's starting lineup was four true freshmen and Dazon.
3) We played the second hardest schedule in the nation and still produces a respectable record. I saw on Twitter that ESPN preseason projected us to be a 10 seed. That's about where we finished.
4) The conference is as good as its been since the early 2000s or may be even the 90s.

In the face of all this, we made the tourney and made a respectable showing in the SEC tourney. The fact AJ held it together is amazing to me.
Donta missing today meant Alabama had players miss 73 games this year. That’s ridiculous.

Everything wasn’t rosy this year, but I feel good about the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Donta missing today meant Alabama had players miss 73 games this year. That’s ridiculous.

Everything wasn’t rosy this year, but I feel good about the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With whom we have coming in, it could be good. It'll be a totally different team without Sexton, of course...

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
Please, please, please give me a team and a coach who can get out of that team maximum effort and desire to win and compete consistently game to game. Obviously, that habit has is not being established in the program. They come out in the first half of Auburn and look flat and lethargic. They start making some shots in the second half and then the desire and enthusiasm is there. They come out today in the first half with bad body language and look listless again. That winning work ethic and attitude is just not there consistently. When you get that in place, then you can talk Xs and Os and matchups and such. Until then, it's just a hope and a prayer.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Please, please, please give me a team and a coach who can get out of that team maximum effort and desire to win and compete consistently game to game. Obviously, that habit has is not being established in the program. They come out in the first half of Auburn and look flat and lethargic. They start making some shots in the second half and then the desire and enthusiasm is there. They come out today in the first half with bad body language and look listless again. That winning work ethic and attitude is just not there consistently. When you get that in place, then you can talk Xs and Os and matchups and such. Until then, it's just a hope and a prayer.
We field one of the three youngest teams in the NCAA. Complicating that fact, we have a lottery pick playing the point. I get upset over CAJ's lineup choices but I'm willing to see him spend another year or two learning to manage kids. It doesn't matter anyway. He will get another year or two in any event, barring a total collapse...

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I think some of that bad body language today was simply due to having to play 3 games in a 72 hour period. Add in the loss of Hall and the extremely hot shooting by UK, and there you have it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think some of that bad body language today was simply due to having to play 3 games in a 72 hour period. Add in the loss of Hall and the extremely hot shooting by UK, and there you have it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
CAJ put it best following the game - "Sometimes, you just have to tip your hat." No one is beating that kind of freaky 3 pt shooting...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Against UK, Bama started 4 true freshmen and 1 RS soph. The first 3 off the bench would be 1 true fr and 2 sophs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
CAJ put it best following the game - "Sometimes, you just have to tip your hat." No one is beating that kind of freaky 3 pt shooting...
Yep. Gabriel entered the game shooting 34% from behind the arc. He wasn't the player to expect to shoot 7-7. Sometimes it happens, and you just tip your hat and move on to the next game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I was trying to watch on my phone at the softball game. Sometimes teams have games where everything goes in and UK had the game of the year. I told my wife before the game when I saw Shows we were doomed. We need to petition to have him taken out of our rotation. I could tell even on my phone that it was called one way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.