NCAA Tournament Selection

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That was really cool to witness. Congratulations to those young men. Now Kentucky has a fairly easy road to the Final Four.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
binghamton hung tougher with the retrievers, amazing what can happen in one night, their coach seems really laid back in the post game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
That is simply amazing.

In other games, FSU is running Mizzou out of the gym, up 22 at the half.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
At Winn Dixie today - the guy in front of me was from Charlottesville.....asked me why VA were called the Hoos.

I said I don't know.

"Because a Wahoo eats twice it's weight."

I still don't know what that has to do with anything....lol.....is that a good thing?

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Somewhere in Arizona Sean Miller is smiling because UVA has let him off the hook as the biggest non-winner of the tournament.

My word, UVA. Lost by 20? To a #16?

Good grief, UVA.

But congrats to UMBC (which sounds like a radio station).

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
At Winn Dixie today - the guy in front of me was from Charlottesville.....asked me why VA were called the Hoos.

I said I don't know.

"Because a Wahoo eats twice it's weight."

I still don't know what that has to do with anything....lol.....is that a good thing?
https://blogs.weta.org/boundaryston...oville-persistent-myth-grinch-charlottesville

According to legend, Massachusetts resident Dr. Theodore Giesel - better known to the majority of the world as Dr. Seuss – lived in the Lewis Mountain House after his application to the university was rejected. Giesel was allegedly so upset over being snubbed by UVA that he purchased a house on the hill overlooking the school, because its elevated location allowed him to “look down” on the institution that rejected him. It’s also allegedly the inspiration behind his famous children’s book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Which does, after all, come with repeated references to all those ‘Hoos down in ‘Hooville – something that UVA students, nicknamed “Wahoos” – or ‘Hoos for short – in honor of a particular type of fish, have always embraced.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.