Another Alabama Female Teacher Sleeping With A Student

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Catfish:

Not sure where you got that I might have slept with her if she were hot. I said because she was ugly. Being that she was ugly, to comment on what I might do if she looked good is beyond the scope of my post. As to lying to her about why I did not sleep with her, you are not giving her enough credit. I said she was ugly, not stupid.

To try to sum this up without rambling:
1-Teacher was, let's say, not my type. I did not want to hurt her feelings by telling her no.

2- I did not imply, I don't think, that I would have slept with her if she were hot. However, I may or may not have in that instance. If I had I would have been wrong to do that.
So that does not change the gist of my post, which is:

3- It can be said that if a boy sleeps with a teacher he should know that she has some problems and would be wrong.

3- That she may have been disturbed does not mean she would not be responsible. So she could also be morally guilty but should not be punished legally but should lose her job.

More:
I am just tired of people saying that the teacher is taking advantage of a boy and causing great harm. Just place a hidden mic in a team locker room, college or high school, and have one of the players bring up that conversation. Then see what they think as the boy being harmed in that situation. And I suspect that many here would agree with me as to the reaction of boys and men after consorting with a good looking woman. That is if the wife were not looking over their shoulder. Just in case, that was a joke. And just about any normal boy would be glad to take a good looking teacher up on her proposal. Unless it was one of those snow flakes. If she came at him he might indeed be hurt when he was running to find a safe place.
This is the worst syllogism I’ve ever read. Not trying to be insulting but there is no deduction in your deductive argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Only those who abuse their position as teachers.
I guess if you presented to John Bingham, (the Ohio a-hole who proposed the XIV Amendment) and told him that his stupidly nebulous amendment was being applied to let off the hook teachers who abused their positions as teacher to sleep with minor students, he'd be horrified.
"Wait, you are using my amendment to excuse a teacher schtooping his/her students because this means teachers are held to a higher standard than Joe Schmoe? Well, if Joe Schmoe asked high school students to hop in the sack, the students would probably evaluate that decision differently that if Joe Schmoe had no influence on their future college admissions and this future earnings."

Still John Bingham was a first-class a-hole, so maybe he would not have cared about the abuse his amendment would have been perverted towards.
Just to be clear, I'm not excusing teachers sleeping with students. I'm only saying that, in terms of the judge's reasoning in the ruling, the bank robbers vs. teachers comparison doesn't hold water.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Just to be clear, I'm not excusing teachers sleeping with students. I'm only saying that, in terms of the judge's reasoning in the ruling, the bank robbers vs. teachers comparison doesn't hold water.
Yeah, I did not think you were excusing teacher schtupping their students.
Unless the judge was making the argument that schtupping 16 year olds is a civil right, then his decision is not logical.
Maybe a different analogy is drinking and driving. People have the freedom to drink booze. But if you are going to drive, you cannot have drunk more than a BAC of .8.
People have the freedom to sleep with 16 year olds in Alabama, but if you really want to sleep with 16 year olds, you just cannot work as a teacher.
The judge using a XIV Amendment equal protection clause argument to throw out the Alabama law is, in my view, simply ludicrous. Of course we treat teachers differently in regard to sex with minors. We should.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.