2018 Prospect: *** JUCO DT Tevita Musika SIGNS with Alabama ****

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: JUCO DT Tevita Musika

He's a big body and has a cousin who I was impressed with when we played UDub in the Peach Bowl. Hopefully some of that will rub off on him. We flat out needed numbers at NT next year. Feel alright with the DE rotation but NT was only 2 deep with pure NT body types (though we'd get a 3-deep with a pass-down bigger DE sliding in). He doesn't need to be JUCO star like T. Cody or J. Williams, he just needs to be a quality rotation player.

I will say that it seems like we get a lot of our JUCO disappointments from the West Coast...so that is a concern for me. Been hit or miss.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

He's a big body and has a cousin who I was impressed with when we played UDub in the Peach Bowl. Hopefully some of that will rub off on him. We flat out needed numbers at NT next year. Feel alright with the DE rotation but NT was only 2 deep with pure NT body types (though we'd get a 3-deep with a pass-down bigger DE sliding in). He doesn't need to be JUCO star like T. Cody or J. Williams, he just needs to be a quality rotation player.

I will say that it seems like we get a lot of our JUCO disappointments from the West Coast...so that is a concern for me. Been hit or miss.
I agree on both parts. He just needs to spell our 1-2 when they get tired. Davis can strictly be a DE now and Mathis/Dwight/Musika can rotate in the middle.

And I can't say I did not think of our OL busts from out west, too.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

It is no small thing to keep Davis at DE too. He became our second best linemen by the end of the 2017 season and you'd hate to lose him at his best position just to cover down for lack of depth at nose tackle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.