2018 Prospect: *** JUCO DT Tevita Musika SIGNS with Alabama ****

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: JUCO DT Tevita Musika

Bama recently offered him, and he's working to get to campus for a visit. He doesn't have a recruiting profile from what I can tell.

Here's his HUDL page.
Betcha if Saban hints at him having an NFL future and promises to list him in the game program as Tevita "Pro" Musika, he's all 'Bama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Looks pretty good to still be available; wonder if he had grade problems or something else. But a big man who can move.
Looks pretty agile for a big guy his size. Lord knows we could use some quality on the inside. Might keep us from having to slide someone inside from DE that we would rather keep at DE if at all possible.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Looks pretty agile for a big guy his size. Lord knows we could use some quality on the inside. Might keep us from having to slide someone inside from DE that we would rather keep at DE if at all possible.
Hoping for Johnson from Clempson . . thinking he has faced better competition and more likely to play for us . . . however, come on Tevita . . Roll with champions!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

If he has an offer, I'm sure the coaches see something they like. I won't be excited till he gets some SEC level competition though. He played in the same conference as Baker Elliot. Elliot's probably the best or at least highest rated OT to ever play in that conference, and he didn't break into the top 5-6 OT's on our roster, so seeing this kid look good against that level of player might not be the best indicator. That said, he's not Elliot so we'll just have to see how he pans out once he gets into the conditioning program and in pads.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

If he has an offer, I'm sure the coaches see something they like. I won't be excited till he gets some SEC level competition though. He played in the same conference as Baker Elliot. Elliot's probably the best or at least highest rated OT to ever play in that conference, and he didn't break into the top 5-6 OT's on our roster, so seeing this kid look good against that level of player might not be the best indicator. That said, he's not Elliot so we'll just have to see how he pans out once he gets into the conditioning program and in pads.

That`s about all you can say right now. He does appear active on film. That`s not SEC caliber O lines he`s going against. May not start in the middle but hopefully can give us some quality snaps/depth that we`ll need inside. Sure would be nice not to have to slide somebody like Davis down inside if it could be avoided.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

If we didn't just get the best D line coach in college football I would worry about this guy and our others being able to get developed. Think about this for a second since 2014 we have had a pro D line coach developing our guys. The new D line coach has always gotten the most out of our players ,just look at his work with Miami and Missouri.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

If we didn't just get the best D line coach in college football I would worry about this guy and our others being able to get developed. Think about this for a second since 2014 we have had a pro D line coach developing our guys. The new D line coach has always gotten the most out of our players ,just look at his work with Miami and Missouri.
With this staff, the facilities, the support, our record of preparing and sending guys to the league, if we can`t recruit ( and consistently ) quality D line guys moving forward, then I just give up. It would have to be some kind of cosmic mystery.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Musika lives up the road from me. one of his former HS coaches works with me . he told me Musika will commit to Bama 2 weeks ago, but he had to get his classes in order before going public. I never posted anything on the matter since you don't know how recruiting goes these days.
great pick up in area of need . the best part is he can contribute immediately. he's battle tested and seasoned!!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Muskia was his league’s lineman of the year as an OL. He was named 1st team All Metro by the San Francisco Chronicle and made Max Preps Northern California 1st team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.