F-18 Aviators encounter UFO in 2015? Footage released

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Panic and chaos is always predicted with that announcement but I don't personally see that happening.
I'm with you. Barring some kind of actual attack, I don't think the reaction to the knowledge that we we've been visted would be panic and chaos.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The question that these 'sightings' always raise is how did these aliens manage to travel the vast distances involved?
Generally in a lot of the sightings just in their movement they can do things that we don't understand.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The question that these 'sightings' always raise is how did these aliens manage to travel the vast distances involved?
The overall lack of evidence of any civilization off of earth gives me pause whenever things like this are seen.

That said, any civilization capable of traveling light years to visit earth has likely solved a lot of issues that we currently cannot. In fact, they've likely solved problems we've not even discovered yet.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The overall lack of evidence of any civilization off of earth gives me pause whenever things like this are seen.

That said, any civilization capable of traveling light years to visit earth has likely solved a lot of issues that we currently cannot. In fact, they've likely solved problems we've not even discovered yet.
He's making 2 assumptions. 1. if there were another civilization out there their lifespans are the same as ours. 2. You have to travel the speed of light to come from another star.

Maybe someone out there has figured out how to travel at 50% speed of light and live long enough for that to get them between stars.

Personally, I think 1 of 2 things are true. 1. Our timescale of history is so short. They have been here but it was so long ago humans have forgotten or it was before we were here. 2. The Great Filter hypothesis is correct and these civilizations don't exist because they are destroyed before they gain the technical knowledge to travel between stars.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I have little doubt that advanced civilizations exist elsewhere. I just think it is unlikely that no matter how advanced they are, they have figured out how to get here.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I have little doubt that advanced civilizations exist elsewhere. I just think it is unlikely that no matter how advanced they are, they have figured out how to get here.
As unadvanced as we are and only having been working on it for less than 100 years we've sent stuff billions of miles beyond from our planet. Methinks you need to watch more sci-fi.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Bamaro, I find the meme with Scotty you posted funny, coming from a show that changed the laws of physics plenty to suite the story.

To assume that we understand everything about physics shows you how naive and self centered we are as a species. In reality, we don't even 100% understand the laws we have discovered, much less the laws we have not yet discovered. There is plenty of room in physics for new discoveries that would make things that are unthinkable to us now seem possible.

I 100% believe that we are not alone in the universe. I 100% believe that this planet has been visited by a being from another planet. I 100% believe that irrefutable evidence will be discovered within our or our kids lifetime.

As Carl Sagan wrote in Contact:
“The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space.”

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Now my own suspicion is that the universe is not only stranger than we suppose, but stranger than we can suppose.

J. B. S Haldane

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Dismissing this possibility out of hand seems, IMHO, more a limitation in what we perceive as possible than due to technical problems. In under 200 years we have gone from the horse and buggy to the beginning planning stage of colonizing another planet. How much of what we have today would seem like magic and completely unfathomable to someone who lived as recently as 100 years ago. Where will we be in several thousand years? Who knows, but I sure don't think that just because we haven't figured it out yet in our infancy, doesn't mean that another race hasn't.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
What about the sightings at the US/RAF base in the UK in the 80s as well? Phoenix lights? Too many "coincidences." There was a sighting in Houston a few years ago during a bad rain storm on the east side of town. I find it interesting that many of the UFO sightings occur during storms or volcanic activity. It makes me wonder if they use the lightning as a "boost" for initial propulsion.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Is it possible that the "gods" who all sat on high places in Greek, Roman, Norse, even Hebrew lore were actually superior beings? The Great Pyramid, Nazca Lines, Easter Island and other historic sites are lined up along the same line. Why is that? There's no way that ancient civilizations around the world did this on their own. Look at the Nazca Lines...they are only meant to be seen from high altitude.

http://coolinterestingstuff.com/mysterious-alignment-of-ancient-sites-of-the-world

Say what you will, but we aren't alone. The real question is, how "aren't" alone are we.

Are we being raised for harvest? Are we be nurtured? Are we just being observed? Or, are we being exploited?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.