Grayson Allen is a dirty player...and a punk!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Should have been kicked out of the game for this latest one, instead of just a flagrant 1.

The players he's tripping could very easily injure their self - especially a wrist injury - that could effect their career - to some degree if not more.

Coach K. is a weasel himself for not yanking the punk....:mad:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I saw it live. I thought it was a punk move but not worthy of a flagrant 1. “Common foul” sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'd probably root for Pearl and Aubie against the Dookies. Gotta beat all 8 of them out on the court.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He shouldn't be allowed to play. He's not even guilty of physical play, he's just trying to hurt people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I saw it live. I thought it was a punk move but not worthy of a flagrant 1. “Common foul” sure.

Taken in isolation, yes, this is just a common foul. However, Grayson Allen is WELL known for unnecessarily aggressive play to the point of injuring other players. You simply cannot allow him to play this way, or you WILL have a bench clearing brawl if not an injured player. This kind of cheapshot is NOT what basketball is about.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I saw it live and I thought then that it was the worst excuse of officiating I've ever seen. After the hip check, the officials let UNC drive the length of the floor and score, then they blow it dead to review the play. They obviously saw it happen because they blew the play dead immediately after the ball went through the hoop. Then after reviewing the play they determined it's worthy of a flagrant. It most certainly was a common foul which means the officials should have blown it dead on the spot. I could have even tolerated a flagrant call had they called it a common foul then reviewed it. However, you can't convince me that a foul like that is flagrant if it's not even obvious enough to call a live ball foul.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I saw it live and I thought then that it was the worst excuse of officiating I've ever seen. After the hip check, the officials let UNC drive the length of the floor and score, then they blow it dead to review the play. They obviously saw it happen because they blew the play dead immediately after the ball went through the hoop. Then after reviewing the play they determined it's worthy of a flagrant. It most certainly was a common foul which means the officials should have blown it dead on the spot. I could have even tolerated a flagrant call had they called it a common foul then reviewed it. However, you can't convince me that a foul like that is flagrant if it's not even obvious enough to call a live ball foul.
This^^^

As far as refereeing a reputation, you can’t do that. Call it even & fair. If the player does something worthy of a flagrant call it. He’ll get the message. The refs absolutely botched this call.

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
This^^^

As far as refereeing a reputation, you can’t do that. Call it even & fair. If the player does something worthy of a flagrant call it. He’ll get the message. The refs absolutely botched this call.

But dude is habitual. I bet if you went back in every game, you could find a trip or hip check like this. Honestly can't believe court justice hasn't caught up with him.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
A lot of players in the NBA do what he does on every other play. Chris Paul does this sort of thing very often. John Stockton was the master of this sort of play. The difference is those guys are and were good at not getting caught.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
A lot of players in the NBA do what he does on every other play. Chris Paul does this sort of thing very often. John Stockton was the master of this sort of play. The difference is those guys are and were good at not getting caught.
Now with thousands of cameras in every venue, nothing gets missed anymore

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah, a lot of stuff like that used to be called gamesmanship. There is a difference, though, between trying to gain an advantage and trying to hurt someone. Gaining every advantage possible is good; trying to hurt people is being a punk and usually catches up with a guy when others get an opportunity.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
But dude is habitual. I bet if you went back in every game, you could find a trip or hip check like this. Honestly can't believe court justice hasn't caught up with him.
In previous years, yes. This year- no. He’s cleaned up his “act” quite a bit.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.