Stephen Hawking has passed away

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Reactions to Stephen Hawking's death slammed as 'ableist' — here’s why

So some folks said that Hawkings was :freed" from his wheelchair and self-appointed handicapped" spokewomen jumped on that to shame the folks for using "ablist" language.

Maybe folks felt pity for him and his severe disabilities and wished he had not lived a life so constrained. Or maybe they are not sure how to react and are just saddened by his death. Period.
Instead, we are going to get on our high horse and express outrage over the "ablist" language.

I bet these complainers are fun at parties.

I personally am sorry the guy is dead. He was bright and helped expand the frontiers of knowledge. I'm glad he lived. If he ever had a moment in which he wished he had not had ALS, I wish he had gotten to live a life without ALS. I did not cause his ALS. Neither did he. I do not know why he had to live with ALS. That makes me sad. I'm still glad he lived and I'm sorry he's gone.
Such is the world that we live in where sentiment must be broken down into the simplest, most bland form to avoid giving those who look to complain something to complain about to.

Oh and by the way, me sad him dead too [emoji57].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
You mean that a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites would try to act superior to him in death while likely not even following their own magical book on a daily basis? I have a feeling he expected that.
Nope. I'm talking about the eternal consequences of an atheist who denies Christ.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Nope. I'm talking about the eternal consequences of an atheist who denies Christ.
These invisible sky-friends do all seem to have a bit of a vindictive streak in them.

You lived your life well, you made the most of what you were given, you overcame your disadvantages, you helped more people than you hurt and you contributed to your species greater understanding, but..... you denied my existence so there's no room in this inn and it's the burny fire for you I'm afraid.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
These invisible sky-friends do all seem to have a bit of a vindictive streak in them.

You lived your life well, you made the most of what you were given, you overcame your disadvantages, you helped more people than you hurt and you contributed to your species greater understanding, but..... you denied my existence so there's no room in this inn and it's the burny fire for you I'm afraid.
and remember, He loves you

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
So your conception of God is a supernatural social justice warrior. :smile:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Funny how I didn't see any of the non-believers pooping all over the Billy Graham thread. Stay classy folks.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
I'm going to say this and then bow out:
First of all, I am truly saddened by the death of Mr. Hawking. He was a very intelligent individual who suffered a horrible disease. My wife's aunt just passed away earlier this week from ALS so I know first hand how terrible it can be.
Now, if you want to know why this country and world are is such a state of sad disrepair just look no further than this thread.
A very brilliant man lost his life and (not calling anyone in particular out) some who would call themselves Christians want to use this as an opportunity to condemn him in his death. Too bad that anyone doing this didn't lift him up in prayer while he was alive. God/Jesus did not appoint us to be judges.
On the other side, those who don't believe in God/Jesus are just as hypocritical.
Looking thru here people want to try to brow beat or harangue the "other side" and both sides accuse the other of hypocrisy. Meanwhile NEITHER side has any interest at all in simply listening to someone who doesn't hold the same viewpoint without then lashing out and trying to convince the "other side" that "I'm right and you're wrong and that's the end of it".
I am a Christian as I have accepted Jesus as my personal Savior. If that offends you then so be it but let's all just take a strep back and instead of condemning each other just accept that not everyone believes like we do as individuals and instead of seeking condemnation let's seek understanding and tolerance ON BOTH SIDES. Tolerance does not mean you have to believe what I do and I have to believe what you do nor do we have to particularly condone each others lifestyles but for any Christians on here I challenge you to read God's/Jesus' words about judging others (and I have been guilty of that, too) and his mercy on us when we fail to live up to Jesus' standard.
For you Atheists out there, if there is no God, then please quit holding others to a higher standard than you do your own selves. Don't be the hypocrite you accuse others of being and have an understanding of others. Just as others shouldn't disparage you for your non-belief neither should you disparage others for their belief. Understand that just because one believes in Jesus doesn't suddenly make one perfect and if one who calls themselves a Christian does (in your eyes) "commit a sin", please be aware that we probably know we did (particularly after the fact) and please be patient with us because we are works in progress and are still human and are still prone to do human things at times.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I hear ya, BICGA, but it was only one group or "side" that initially displayed rude intolerance in this thread. Anything that came from any other direction (there are many more than 2 directions) was as a direct reaction to that initial rudeness and hostility. You don't get to punch a man and then claim he's violent when he defends himself. You don't get to act rude and then gasp in disbelief when the same treatment is returned. I honestly can't think of much more rude than denigrating and diminishing the accomplishments of a great man at the time of his death. Meanwhile, per usual, here we are talking about the attention hookers and listening to them defend and deflect instead of talking about Mr Hawking's accomplishments, his great spirit that helped him overcome much, or anything else worthwhile on the subject.

To reiterate my earlier comment differently: Want to know why the christian population is sharply declining in the US? This thread is a good example.

I find it interesting that Jesus had harsher words for the self-righteous religious blowhards of his day than he did for the lowdown dirty sinners and nonbelievers. I think he'd find a similar environment today to what he encountered then and would likely have a similar response to it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.