Stephen Hawking has passed away

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
He was a very smart scientist. However, He was an atheist and will soon find out how that worked out for him.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He was a very smart scientist. However, He was an atheist and will soon find out how that worked out for him.
There's a time and a place for everything. I'm not so sure the opening moments after someone's passing are the most appropriate to issue such judgments.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
We were lucky to have his brilliance and bravery in the face of challenges that would have overcome so many. His is an inspiring story.​

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Prayers and condolences to his family. He definitely overcame many obstacles that would've slowed others down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
In addition to a brilliant mind, he has to hold the record for living with ALS.

Found out this morning that he was diagnosed at age 21. Lived with it for 55 years. Has to be the record.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
as the boards resident outspoken atheist mobiles comment doesn't upset me at all nor would it have upset Hawking in my opinion. Like being told you are getting coal from Santa or that the easter bunny isn't going to be good to you to us, means nothing

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
as the boards resident outspoken atheist mobiles comment doesn't upset me at all nor would it have upset Hawking in my opinion. Like being told you are getting coal from Santa or that the easter bunny isn't going to be good to you to us, means nothing
Gotta disagree there, Jon. I think comments like Mobile's do mean something -- just probably not what he intended. That's because it says infinitely more about the commenter than it does about Hawking or any other atheist.

I am repeatedly amazed at how often the most vocal Christians exhibit the most incredibly un-Christian behaviors, simply because someone else believes differently from them.

WWJS indeed.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I always enjoyed that he apparently had a good sense of humor. I'm not entirely sure if mine would survive through something life altering like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.