Active Shooter At UAB Highlands Hospital

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
UAB Highlands has tweeted out that all surgeries at that location tomorrow have been canceled. Victim is a 28 year old nurse. He’s in surgery now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
This from a family member who works with all involved: Fired worker who shot his manager in the chest and a coworker in the abdomen, then turned the gun on himself. Victims are in surgery right now, and the only deceased, hopefully, is the shooter. My family member was off today, thankfully.

Edit: Now seeing reports from WVTM 13 that one of the victims has passed

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This has just hit way too close to home.

The fatality is the best friend of a girl who graduated in the class ahead of me.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
This has just hit way too close to home.

The fatality is the best friend of a girl who graduated in the class ahead of me.
I’m sorry to hear that. My sister works at that hospital on that shift. Thankfully she is ok. I don’t know how close she was to the victims right now.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A rough time for UAB. An anesthesiologist was murdered while on vacation in Mexico a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Two victims in a metro area with over a million people and Facebook is lighting up with 'marked safe' like tornadoes came and destroyed a bunch of neighborhoods.
People have lost their minds.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The male victim shot in the abdomen is at UAB. His brother coaches at TUSC Academy, where my daughter plays soccer...
My lord, it's a small world.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/03/uab_highlands_shooting_longtim.html

Here's what they're basically saying:

The nursing sup was reprimanding a male employee (who couldn't have been TOO swift as he was a supply worker as opposed to, say, something that might take some education to do), and he opened fire and hit her and another dude and then popped himself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.