Game Thread: Alabama-Va Tech (NCAA Tournament Round 1)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This is the game of the tournament for Alabama. Win this game and you could make it to the elite 8 or further. But you will need a complete game from Sexton to have a chance. This is not a team that will let you back in the game late. They like to crush teams.
You're right. National championship caliber teams have a killer instinct. They've proven the last three years to have it winning one and playing for another. I stated in another thread if we turn the ball over like we did in this game, Nova will run us out of the gym.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
My wife's cousin-in-law is a VT graduate. He posted (facebook I think) that the refs gave Bama the game and that it doesn't matter because neither team will beat Villanova even with the refs in their pocket.

I'd hate to see what the game would have been like if the refs had not been calling things Bama's way.:rolleye2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We did get a chance to see why Coach would give Petty an opportunity to play through his slump. We think it is exasperating for us but it is hard to imagine how it feels to Petty himself to completely lose confidence. It was tremendous last night to see his talent come through on the largest stage.
Until recently, Petty was hitting exactly the same percentage he shot from the arc in HS - 37%. Over the latter half of the season, Reese has been beating him until last night. Reese's shot is a much cleaner shot, without so much excess motion, and, when he's in, he's starting to look for it more. In fact, I think in one interview, he said Coach had told him to shoot it. All this said, if Petty starts feeling it again, I want him to jack it up. We will need it to get by 'Nova, just to keep their defense honest...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.