Question: We need all SEC teams to win

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
LOL why do I keep hearing them say Auburn won the SEC? They were co-champs of the regular season. They didn’t win the tournament, so they are not SEC champions. It is Auburn, though. They’ll probably get rings for co-champs of the regular season. :rolleyes:
I’m no barner, but I consider them SEC champs. They had the best record over an 18 game schedule. They did tie with Tennessee, but as the #1 seed, they were the overall champs in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I’m no barner, but I consider them SEC champs. They had the best record over an 18 game schedule. They did tie with Tennessee, but as the #1 seed, they were the overall champs in my mind.

They didn’t win the championship tournament, but I don’t watch much basketball save for March madness, so what do I know. I find it laughable, and I would if it was Alabama.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
While I feel our conference is much improved we still have a way to go. Kentucky will probably always be the bell cow in the SEC, much like Bama is in football, but I see others getting a share of the limelight in the future.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
While I feel our conference is much improved we still have a way to go. Kentucky will probably always be the bell cow in the SEC, much like Bama is in football, but I see others getting a share of the limelight in the future.

Shame. We beat that UK team. What could have been. The come apart started the following Saturday.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Shame. We beat that UK team. What could have been. The come apart started the following Saturday.
Kentucky didn’t hit their stride till the SEC tournament. As far as Auburn is concerned they were really good this year...just needed all the pieces to be in good working order.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
LOL why do I keep hearing them say Auburn won the SEC? They were co-champs of the regular season. They didn’t win the tournament, so they are not SEC champions. It is Auburn, though. They’ll probably get rings for co-champs of the regular season. :rolleyes:
The SEC Championship is awarded by the regular season champ. The tournament championship is listed as a separate championship and is for the automatic bid.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
The SEC Championship is awarded by the regular season champ. The tournament championship is listed as a separate championship and is for the automatic bid.

Cool. Didn’t know that. Learn something new everyday.

Is this the only sport done this way? Seems weird to me, but I don’t follow basketball.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We did thump our supposed co champ by double digits at their own house in our only matchup...
Because of the vicissitudes of BB, one game doesn't mean much. Bama beat AU twice, the first time without its 2 best players: Sexton and Hall, the second time crushed them on a neutral court. UT is not supposed co-champs, they are co-champs. In fact, by the end of the year (you beat them early) they were probably better, even with McLemore. You even admitted that here yourself or something similar. AU had a good year and were conf champs, no need to take away from UT (though I don't care for either school, especially UT). Bama beat A&M twice, crushed them at home and lost by 2 on the road, but best Bama wouldn't be able to stay on the floor with the A&M who played today.

IMO, A&M did not play "out of their minds", they played a good game, within themselves. They are a load. 9-9 A&M should go to the final 4.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Tony Barbee is a jerk. (Nicest thing I can say without getting banned).

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Huh?
OK, if you're gonna play the Awbarn card . . . Go 'Noles?!? :wink:

Where are the mods when we need them? :)
Ha....problem is the Nolies are in a different conference. Otherwise I would pull for them as well as any other SEC team to win.

Like I said in an earlier post - I pick and choose who I root for and when. Every school has their rivals and with that comes various degrees of dislike./hatred. I'm OK with that. I'm flexible with my dislike/hatred.

Right now I'm pulling for either aTm or Kentucky to win it all.

I love our dysfunctional family! :biggrin2:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Because of the vicissitudes of BB, one game doesn't mean much. Bama beat AU twice, the first time without its 2 best players: Sexton and Hall, the second time crushed them on a neutral court. UT is not supposed co-champs, they are co-champs. In fact, by the end of the year (you beat them early) they were probably better, even with McLemore. You even admitted that here yourself or something similar. AU had a good year and were conf champs, no need to take away from UT (though I don't care for either school, especially UT). Bama beat A&M twice, crushed them at home and lost by 2 on the road, but best Bama wouldn't be able to stay on the floor with the A&M who played today.

IMO, A&M did not play "out of their minds", they played a good game, within themselves. They are a load. 9-9 A&M should go to the final 4.
Had the schedule been 1 or 2 games longer, UT would have been outright champs.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Michigan looking like Nova, everything leaving their hands finds nothing but net. Once again Kentucky is the last team toting the SEC banner.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.