Game Thread: Alabama-Villanova (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Not only veterans but champions. Many of those guys were on the championship team two years ago.

Another stat I saw was they became the first team to win 32+ games in 4 straight seasons.

The overall foundation for the Alabama program is laid. There are a few spots that can be addressed, but Avery has the team heading in the right direction. Yesterday gave the staff and fans a model team to aspire to be.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. We need to get a couple more pure 3 shooters (I think the Wood kid coming in next year will help with that). I'm optimistic about the future of the program.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I would think the primary problem with LS is finding someone he can guard. It's the same with Reese, though not nearly as severe. LS is not just a shooter but a terrific passer, if the little he's played is a true indication of his abilities. Maybe Bama could play a little more zone and get him in the game a few minutes, though his lack of size is not a complete non-factor, even in a zone.
Everything you say is accurate, but LS is also one of those guys who just really understands the game and is almost always in the right place at the right time. He is what I call basketball savvy. That makes up for being a little shorter or slower at times. I trust the coaches to play the guys who should be playing because they see them every day in practice, but when our team often struggles to pass and shoot well, it seems LS would get a shot here and there. When Petty was struggling so badly down the stretch, I was hoping Lawson would get a shot to run point and let Sexton play the two. That way Sexton could penetrate from the wing while LS rotated over behind the penetration for the spot up three.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
At the very least he'll audition to star in the remake of "One on One." And look where the original got Robby Benson...

Everything you say is accurate, but LS is also one of those guys who just really understands the game and is almost always in the right place at the right time. He is what I call basketball savvy. That makes up for being a little shorter or slower at times. I trust the coaches to play the guys who should be playing because they see them every day in practice, but when our team often struggles to pass and shoot well, it seems LS would get a shot here and there. When Petty was struggling so badly down the stretch, I was hoping Lawson would get a shot to run point and let Sexton play the two. That way Sexton could penetrate from the wing while LS rotated over behind the penetration for the spot up three.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I agree with everything you say, but having CS and LS at guard would be putting 1 small and 1 tiny player out front. OTOH, I'm sure there would be times that they could have tried that. We're just guessing at the reasons, but LS seems to be a very good passer with a good rep as a shooter. Maybe he'll get a shot - certainly CAJ understands how a little guy can contribute. Maybe it's quickness more than height, Jr is the same height - idk.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I agree with everything you say, but having CS and LS at guard would be putting 1 small and 1 tiny player out front. OTOH, I'm sure there would be times that they could have tried that. We're just guessing at the reasons, but LS seems to be a very good passer with a good rep as a shooter. Maybe he'll get a shot - certainly CAJ understands how a little guy can contribute. Maybe it's quickness more than height, Jr is the same height - idk.
Yeah, that's why I say I trust the coaches because I wonder about his speed and quickness. I have assumed he would be a defensive liability when playing man, but I also get so frustrated with our turnovers due to poor ball handling and terrible passing. I also get frustrated with how terrible our outside shooting and free throw shooting are, so I really just get desperate and want CAJ to try something new. I've just seen so many kids like LS through the years who were at smaller schools and were very solid college players as juniors and seniors. Plus, I've lived in Cullman for twenty years and root for the hometown kid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.