Putin Re-election Day

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Okay, so today is Vladimir Vladimirovich's fourth (and final? He'll be 66 in October) election to the presidency.

While it would be better for Russia and the world if he would lose, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict he gets re-elected.
So, "viva job security," I guess, but I wish it were not so.
Stalin said:
“я считаю, что совершенно неважно, кто и как будет в партии голосовать; но вот что чрезвычайно важно, это - кто и как будет считать голоса.”
I believe that it does not matter who gets to vote in the party and how; but what is extremely important, is who gets to count the votes and how."
Boris Bazhanov. Memories of Stalin's Former Secretary Борис Бажанов. Воспоминания бывшего секретаря Сталина, (Париж: Третья Волна, 1980)

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Apparently poll workers have been instructed to make sure there is a large turnout so Putin has a mandate.
A year ago, the Putin camp wanted at least a 70% turnout and for Putin to get 70% of that vote.
Putin Wins Russia Election, and Broad Mandate for 4th Term
One out of two ain't bad.

Mr. Putin won 76.6 percent of the vote, and the turnout of 67.47 percent was higher than the 65 percent participation rate in the last presidential election, in 2012. More than 56 million of Russia’s 110 million eligible voters backed Mr. Putin.
If the vote counts are to be trusted, Putin got half of the eligible voters to vote for him.
If the vote counts are to be trusted.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.