Smith
Giddens
Norris?
Aj
Fleming
Wood
Lawson?

Lot of depth, wonder if anyone transfers
Our bigs depth is going to be outstanding next year. We need to develop a strong inside presence. I'm thinking Butler will get a lot of PT at PG.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Ingram
Petty
Jones
Mack
Hall

Butler
Key
Reese
Smith
Giddens
Norris?
Aj
Fleming
Wood
Lawson?

Lot of depth, wonder if anyone transfers
Hopefully, Butler will be good enough to start at PG. I like Dazon, he's a great rebounder at his position, he shot well in '17, and is a decent passer, but because he's been TO prone, would rather have someone else at PG. IMO, though he has a good all-around game, Jones doesn't score enough at this point to start.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Mack has been impressing folks this year... He should be able to score 15-20 points a game.

Petty will be lot better... I expect him to continue to develop and get better.
Hall- Will get better
Giddens- needs to improve on his defense.
Norris- not sure he'll be back.

I don't think we'll see a transfer coming in to help us... If so, he would have to be a walkon.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Seems like a good place to thank some folks who probably will move on:
Riley Norris - Thanks for sticking with the program during the transition from Grant. Wish we had your grit and shooting this season.
Armond Davis - Thanks for what you gave to us. Wish YOU had been healthy, too.
Collin Sexton - Thanks for helping elevate our profile and for some plays we haven't seen players able to do for a while. Feel free to hang with us for another season.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
Seems like a good place to thank some folks who probably will move on:
Riley Norris - Thanks for sticking with the program during the transition from Grant. Wish we had your grit and shooting this season.
Armond Davis - Thanks for what you gave to us. Wish YOU had been healthy, too.
Davis should have been able to redshirt in 2017-18 with a 5th year in 2018-19. Coach Johnson said on a pre-game show Norris and Davis were out there on senior day was because they graduated or are due to graduate in the spring. There may be a numbers issue here too.

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Davis should have been able to redshirt in 2017-18 with a 5th year in 2018-19. Coach Johnson said on a pre-game show Norris and Davis were out there on senior day was because they graduated or are due to graduate in the spring. There may be a numbers issue here too.
Drew DeArmond said on twitter that Davis will be a grad transfer. For Norris to come back, the numbers are an issue unless we lose someone unexpected. We have 3 signees (Butler, Fleming, & Woods), 2 seniors (Norris & Davis) and 1 expected NBA draft pick (Sexton). There has been a suggestion that AJjr could give up his scholly and become a walkon but I don't know if that is a legitimate option (allowed by the NCAA) or not.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
Drew DeArmond said on twitter that Davis will be a grad transfer. For Norris to come back, the numbers are an issue unless we lose someone unexpected. We have 3 signees (Butler, Fleming, & Woods), 2 seniors (Norris & Davis) and 1 expected NBA draft pick (Sexton). There has been a suggestion that AJjr could give up his scholly and become a walkon but I don't know if that is a legitimate option (allowed by the NCAA) or not.
OK, thanks for the good info!

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
lot's of depth but i hope Butler can work himself into a starting PG spot at some point. I'm very interested to see how Petty does next season. Bridges (unreal 3pt% this year), who had that great game shooting vs us and is a greater defender was a a lot like Petty as a RS Freshman (29% from 3 i think) at Nova. He will now be a top NBA pick next year. Goes to show how these young guys get better with time and experience.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm counting on Butler being the starting PG on day 1. Here is my lineup:

PG - Butler, AJjr, Ingram
SG - Petty, Woods, Jones
SF - Ingram, Jones, Mack
PF - Mack, Key, Reese, Smith, Fleming
C - Hall, Smith, Giddens, Fleming

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Several of us mentioned early in the Villanova game that it was obvious the refs were allowing physical play with a lot of contact in the paint. When Giddens played late in the game, he shot 3-3 with a lot of contact from the defenders. Players were literally bouncing off of him as he took a shot at the rim. The guy is strong; needs some method to develop his agility.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here’s a name to consider for PG because he played it some this year - Herb Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Hopefully, Butler will be good enough to start at PG. I like Dazon, he's a great rebounder at his position, he shot well in '17, and is a decent passer, but because he's been TO prone, would rather have someone else at PG. IMO, though he has a good all-around game, Jones doesn't score enough at this point to start.
Yeah, Jones could be a great sixth man even without development, but if he develops his offensive game a bit, he could be great. Petty is not a starter to me unless he improves his ball handling, passing, and consistency. If he does those things, though, he can definitely be a game changer when he gets that stroke going. I also like Dazon at the 2 and maybe even like him more at the 3. He has good size and rebounding ability, and I hope he finds his shot again. I am looking forward to next year; I think there are a lot of possibilities for different lineups with the guys we have and the ones we have coming in.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Yeah, Jones could be a great sixth man even without development, but if he develops his offensive game a bit, he could be great. Petty is not a starter to me unless he improves his ball handling, passing, and consistency. If he does those things, though, he can definitely be a game changer when he gets that stroke going. I also like Dazon at the 2 and maybe even like him more at the 3. He has good size and rebounding ability, and I hope he finds his shot again. I am looking forward to next year; I think there are a lot of possibilities for different lineups with the guys we have and the ones we have coming in.
Ingram needs to tweak his form a little bit (I don't think he is squaring up nor jumping much with his shot) and then practice straight up shooting more than anything else during the off season. If he gets productive with the catch-and-shoot, he'll add so much more to the offense. When he rebounds, it is often a fast break opportunity because he can immediately push the ball up the floor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.