TIFWIW - Drew DeArmond Tweeting About Future Coleman Renovations

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Just listened to a recap of the discussion yesterday on Jox. I'll reserve final opinion until we see some sketches and specs, but I just think renovating to any degree is sending the wrong message to fans, students, our rejuvenated cross-state rival AND RECRUITS. Any unbiased player is going to prefer playing in Auburn's new place as opposed to Coleman. Most all the critical points the fans (i.e. the folks that would be in the seats) are making are valid.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just listened to a recap of the discussion yesterday on Jox. I'll reserve final opinion until we see some sketches and specs, but I just think renovating to any degree is sending the wrong message to fans, students, our rejuvenated cross-state rival AND RECRUITS. Any unbiased player is going to prefer playing in Auburn's new place as opposed to Coleman. Most all the critical points the fans (i.e. the folks that would be in the seats) are making are valid.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I think we should reserve judgement until we hear what a proposed renovation might entail.

If the interior can be totally gutted and start all over it could be impressive what might be possible, at perhaps half the cost (just a guess).

I think the biggest issue is what to do in the interim. Such a project would certainly involve one season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Scott Sanderson has a weekly segment on the lunch time sports show in Montgomery. When asked about it, he said a very reliable source has told him the odds of a complete gutting of Coleman are high.

The more I hear, the more I realize this wouldn't just be a new paint job and a few new posters on the wall. Byrne wants to rip it all out and start from scratch on the inside.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Scott Sanderson has a weekly segment on the lunch time sports show in Montgomery. When asked about it, he said a very reliable source has told him the odds of a complete gutting of Coleman are high.

The more I hear, the more I realize this wouldn't just be a new paint job and a few new posters on the wall. Byrne wants to rip it all out and start from scratch on the inside.
That's my understanding too. If they can gut the whole interior and just work under the shell we probably won't recognize the place when the work is done. Biggest deal is to totally restructure the seating arrangement.

If they can't do that...I hope the go with a new arena.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We could play at the BJCC for a year if we had to. The baseball team played in Hoover when the Joe was rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
People needs to be prepared for the fact they're going to strip the building down to studs and build from there. It will be essentially new building. I would welcome that.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
While they are completely different, there are a few buildings on campus that have been, or are currently being, gutted for a full scale remodel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
While they are completely different, there are a few buildings on campus that have been, or are currently being, gutted for a full scale remodel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Bryant-Denny had that done during Curry’s era. We played the whole season (including A-Day) at Legion Field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I thought the gut/renovation of sewell-thomas field turned out very well. So I trust their judgment if they think they can do the same with Coleman.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm certain that whatever they do, it will be a first rate facility once it's completed and I'm excited about that. I love basketball and I want UA to do everything possible to advance the program to the next level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.