Trump hired firm that uses lies, bribes, and hookers to to influence election

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If I may ask then, and with all respect, what is the point at all? I post here to share opinions but also to listen to others with different experiences than me. I'm prone to change my mind to a well reasoned and researched point. If you are just posting slam after slam of Trump online and you aren't really expecting to change minds, then why do it?

lol.
why do i do it? i guess it's fun on some level. i'm not too worried though, my continual smart arsedry about gay marriage didn't really have an effect one way or the other at the end of the day.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I don't have a problem with opposition, I'm more making a point that, because of the stages of opposition we are in, the particular method you are applying is not effective. This is a communication critique, not a stance critique or viewpoint critique.

We are in the rhetorical phase of opposition. We can only point out and criticize what we don't like. There aren't huge marches flowing through the streets and there isn't the seizing of government buildings or the rejfusal of tax payments going on yet.

I'm simply suggesting that to increase the effectiveness of your resistance at this phase of opposition, you may want to reconsider when and how you approach the subject matter.

Nobody has said, "Just shut up and sit idly by and do nothing." I would expect the answers you and 92 have supplied if that were the case. All I'm saying is you can still be in opposition to what is happening and be more effective in your case-making and mind-swaying. As it stands I think more people are hardening in their cocoons of self-defense rather than opening their mind to opposing points of view. Understandably many on the Left seem to be foaming at the mouth with near insanity at the amount of things going on - but it appears hysterical from the outside. You may think it's perfectly valid, and maybe it is, that isn't really the point - the point is that the general reaction isn't doing what it needs to, which is sway people.

While it certainly will feel nice afterwards to be "Right" and even feel a little good for others to be "Wrong" - the whole thing always goes much smoother if most everybody already agrees.
And it seems to be a cyclical thing. The more worked up people get about Trump the more others resist and then that works the people up even more and then others resist even more and then...you get it. It's irritating when people don't listen to what seems obvious to you so you shout louder and that annoys people so they forcefully ignore you so you shout even louder and before you know it you're wearing a sandwich board with pigeon feathers glued in your hair and tree bark taped to your skin screaming about the environment to a vacationing geriatric couple from Minnesota.
I do hear what you're saying and don't necessarily even disagree.

I suppose I don't really approach this as a campaign to convince anyone or to civilize hearts and minds. But if one pillar of the thesis that "Trump is a dangerous CiC" is that he has apparent and unexplained allegiance to Putin, I view his congratulatory call after a Russian attack on our election and multiple assassinations on the soil of one of our closest allies as less of a "nit-picky" attempt to criticize Trump, and more as supporting evidence. That said, I can understand how it may apprear as hysteria to others. I am a proponent of choosing my battles in a political sense, but I approached the continual Trump thread as more of a research document than a political argument meant to recruit and convince.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I do hear what you're saying and don't necessarily even disagree.

I suppose I don't really approach this as a campaign to convince anyone or to civilize hearts and minds. But if one pillar of the thesis that "Trump is a dangerous CiC" is that he has apparent and unexplained allegiance to Putin, I view his congratulatory call after a Russian attack on our election and multiple assassinations on the soil of one of our closest allies as less of a "nit-picky" attempt to criticize Trump, and more as supporting evidence. That said, I can understand how it may apprear as hysteria to others. I am a proponent of choosing my battles in a political sense, but I approached the continual Trump thread as more of a research document than a political argument meant to recruit and convince.
I am a heck of a lot more concerned with the toxic waste the orange pee pot is spewing forth than about someone protesting so much as to seen as crying wolf.

I believe it is beyond time for us all to raise our voices and push on our elected officials whether we feel it can accomplish anything or not.

Sen. Shelby has backed every move by a Republican President, I am aware of, for the past twenty five years including every disastrous war. Even he stopped short on backing Roy Moore.

Does he not have any concern for his own personal legacy? It is time to speak up and find out!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am a heck of a lot more concerned with the toxic waste the orange pee pot is spewing forth than about someone protesting so much as to seen as crying wolf.

I believe it is beyond time for us all to raise our voices and push on our elected officials whether we feel it can accomplish anything or not.

Sen. Shelby has backed every move by a Republican President, I am aware of, for the past twenty five years including every disastrous war. Even he stopped short on backing Roy Moore.

Does he not have any concern for his own personal legacy? It is time to speak up and find out!
i know from calling his office that our godly senator perdue is all in on trump. isackson likes to pretend he has some scruples vis a vis trump, but pretty much gets in line.

our gubernatorial elections this year are going to be interesting, all of the gop candidates are shameless trump fluffers, i'm not sure how they are going to differentiate themselves

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
i know from calling his office that our godly senator perdue is all in on trump. isackson likes to pretend he has some scruples vis a vis trump, but pretty much gets in line
After some anti-Trump stuff early on Martha Roby fell in line in a hurry too. Gave up wasting my time contacting her.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I thought this was interesting.
Jim Rutenberg, Data You Can Believe In: The Obama Campaign’s Digital Masterminds Cash In New York Times, June 20, 2013.

They started with a list that grew to a million people who had signed into the campaign Web site through Facebook. When people opted to do so, they were met with a prompt asking to grant the campaign permission to scan their Facebook friends lists, their photos and other personal information. In another prompt, the campaign asked for access to the users’ Facebook news feeds, which 25 percent declined, St. Clair said. Once permission was granted, the campaign had access to millions of names and faces they could match against their lists of persuadable voters, potential donors, unregistered voters and so on.
In the interests of time, go to the 18:51 point.

Carol Davidsen said:
Facebook 2012 Election had the ability for people to opt in. The Obama campaign, like, rocked this, right? We got people to opt in. And the privacy policies at that time on Facebook were that if they opted in, they could tell us who all their friends were, okay? So they told us who all their friends were! This is very much how local campaigns work, right? People sit in a room. It’s a really small thing. All of their biggest supporters surround the table, and they, like, circle the names of the people that they know and that they’re gonna outreach to. And they figure out how to fill in the gaps of the people that they don’t know. The Obama campaign just did this on a digital — in a digital level, on a much larger level. But we were actually able to ingest the entire social network, social network of the U.S. that’s on Facebook, which is most… That’s most people. ... Who owns the information that you and I are friends? ... I apparently own that information.
The Obama campaign did this by asking people to opt in. The Republicans did it less honestly.
But then again, the Democrats did not ask friends if those who opted in could give info that they were friends. Person A "opts in" the Obama campaign. Obama campaign asks Person A if he has any friends. Person A volunteers his friends list without asking those friends if they mind that info being given to the Obama campaign, because "apparently" Person A owns that information and the friends have no ownership of that info.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.