Larry Harmon ( Bozo The Clown ) Dead at 82

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Are there any local morning kids TV show's left? When I was a kid, just about every station had one.
I went to a Bozo show at the TV studio in Birmingham. It was a birthday deal for a friend. The main thing I remember is some girl spilled her coke in my chair. From some research, it looks like the guy who did Bozo at WBRC was Ward McIntyre when I went.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
As Seinfeld observed, calling him “the Clown” was a redundancy. The very name sounds like a clown.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Are there any local morning kids TV show's left? When I was a kid, just about every station had one.
Well Captain Kangaroo was played locally on CBS. But we had a guy named Buckskin Bill in Baton Rouge. He was a cowboy guy who would play guitar and do a Monday Morning March, etc.

http://www.wafb.com/story/37249140/buckskin-bill-passes-away-at-age-88

Say the name "Buckskin" to longtime residents of Baton Rouge and immediately, their eyes light up, smiles appear on their faces, and the trips down memory lane begin.

What was it about this young entertainer and salesman that captured the hearts of children and their parents in the Capital City?

RELATED: Who is "Buckskin" Bill?

In 1955 William P. Black was working at a television station in Tulsa, Oklahoma when he was contacted by a former boss, who had signed WAFB Channel 28 on the air. He offered the tall, youthful radio personality a job as an entertainer and salesman. Black packed his bags and made his way to Baton Rouge.

Bill Black began his television career as a cameraman and floorman. During that time, he wanted to create a television character children could relate to. Black had worked his way through college as a rodeo clown and was a comic and emcee in Army shows during his stint in the Korean War. He knew how to command an audience.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Anyone remember Sgt. Jack in Birmingham? He dressed up like a cop and showed cartoons. I think he had a puppet sidekick that came out of a hole in the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.