News Article: Lane Kiffin thinks Nick Saban will coach 10 more years, takes jab at LSU offense

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Lane Kiffin thinks Nick Saban will coach 10 more years, takes jab at LSU offense

Starting to wonder if we should just have a catch all Lane Kiffin thread but this article had some gems in it. The last one in particular had me dying...

[FONT=&quot]"One coach joked SEC meetings are a Saban staff meeting."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I sent our defense staff there with Coach O and Dave Aranda," Kiffin said. "They spent some time there and I'm grateful to LSU for helping our guys. "Coach O sent their offensive staff here. Obviously, I didn't help too much."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"You've got to understand, I just watched that bowl game yesterday," Kiffin said. "I was watching LSU's offense and I left Orgeron a message. I said, 'Hey, did you have like a bonus in the contract for your offensive coordinator? For every shift, he got extra money? You guys had a shift every play. You guys were shifting players all over the place on offense.'"[/FONT]

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I think there are only two things that could cause Coach Saban to call it a career:

1. Health issues/age. Although he's not that much younger than Coach Bryant was when he died, he's clearly taking better care of himself. When he says that he wants to go on as long as he can do the job, I take him at his word.

2. Very unlikely, but if different UA administration wants to interfere in the football program, I think he'd go. That's said to be part of the reason Coach Stallings left, but I can't imagine Alabama hiring anyone that stupid.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Looks like Lane Kiffin is thinking the same as me. Two days ago in the Nick Saban Future Plans thread I posted that I think Saban could coach another 10 years.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I think there are only two things that could cause Coach Saban to call it a career:

1. Health issues/age. Although he's not that much younger than Coach Bryant was when he died, he's clearly taking better care of himself. When he says that he wants to go on as long as he can do the job, I take him at his word.

2. Very unlikely, but if different UA administration wants to interfere in the football program, I think he'd go. That's said to be part of the reason Coach Stallings left, but I can't imagine Alabama hiring anyone that stupid.
Do you really think a different UA administration would even dare to try and change the football program. I would think that at this point in time he has a much control as he wants over the program. The person that tries to interfere with CNS program would not have job the next day. Coach Bryant had more power than CNS but never choose to wield it, just like you would never see CNS using his power to keep his position.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Do you really think a different UA administration would even dare to try and change the football program. I would think that at this point in time he has a much control as he wants over the program. The person that tries to interfere with CNS program would not have job the next day. Coach Bryant had more power than CNS but never choose to wield it, just like you would never see CNS using his power to keep his position.
A different administration could very well come in and meddle, however, I believe Bell will be here for quite a few more years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.