Big Blue fan in Tuscaloosa this past weekend...

BigBlueNOhio

Mar 19, 2018
I just wanted to share a run-in I had with some of your basketball players this past weekend. I was visiting Tuscaloosa with my family this past weekend, as my oldest son was doing a college visit on monday. We drove in on Saturday so we could see the area on Sunday before the tour on Monday. Had I had the foresight when we planned the visit I would have never of done it on the first weekend of the tourney. Fortunately thanks to technology I got to watch all but the first 2 mins. of my Cats. I did not get to see much of the other Sat. day games as I was driving.

Once we arrived we went to Catfish Heaven to eat (truly awesome food). Once there I noticed some Bama ball players there eating as well. This was after they had already played that day in Pit., and not having fared very well ( I did not see this game).
When it came time to leave, I could not help myself and introduced myself and told them why we were there. I did disclose that I bled blue, but was a fan of SEC basketball in general (except for maybe Arkansas). I apologized, but had to ask if it was ok for a picture. Even after a very rough day, the players were extremely nice and accommodating. They were just great kids in general.

As a fan of college basketball (regardless of who you root for) it is always nice when you meet these great athletes and find out that they are also just great kids. I just wanted to let you guys know you have some very good kids, who represent Bama very well. I like I told them, I wish you guys the best of luck.

Roll Tide
&
Go Big Blue
(I have tried to enclose the picture, hopefully I have done it correctly.)

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I’m glad to hear it. I think most of us fans of collegiate sports desire one thing in general: programs that produce young men and women OF CHARACTER, and not young people who ARE CHARACTERS.

Best of luck to your Cats the rest of the way.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Well, they don't look overly happy, lol........ Sexton wasn't there? (he looks like more of a "hot dog" kind of guy) ;)

BigBlueNOhio

Mar 19, 2018
Well, they don't look overly happy, lol........ Sexton wasn't there? (he looks like more of a "hot dog" kind of guy) ;)
I am sure they were not overly happy, as they had already played a game earlier 4 states away and had just got done eating, but very nice and polite none the less. I wasn't going to say anything, but as I was throwing my trash away Donta Hall was throwing his away and politely said excuse me as he moved out of the way when done. I just could not help at that point. I recognized Petty first when we got there as he is one UK was recruiting hard. It was also hard to miss Donta as that dude is tall in person.
No Sexton though. Would love to see Sexton stay as well as Petty, should help make for a strong SEC and maybe next year I can still have someone to root for in the Final Four, at least I have Loyola (Great underdog that looks legit. - those guards would have given UK fits and the way they played KSU I'm afraid they would have gotten the same results against UK.) this year and thank goodness no PUKE or UNCheat.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.