News Article: Alabama AD Byrne provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coach search

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Re: Alabama administrator provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coac

I don't like it. We shouldn't be doing anything to help UcheaT in any way. I absolutely despise Tennessee. It's close but I despise them more than All-Barn. For me Phat Phil is what gives Tennessee the edge in terms of the team I dislike the most. We have an 11 game winning streak against the Viles. The only thing that could be better is to have a 100 game winning streak against the Viles. I absolutely loathe them. We should do nothing to help them. As minimal as it may seem we should do nothing for them.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Alabama administrator provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coach se

Athletic administrations are not where the rivalry is held - it is held in the hearts and minds of the fans.
And players (some)- the kid who returned Tua’s pass for a pick 6 and then gave the crowd the finger was interviewed this week and asked why he did it. His reply, “Because I hate Alabama.”

You’re right, though, many of the players don’t take the rivalry stuff very seriously at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Alabama administrator provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coac

I have to disagree...
A Tennessee problem, is a Tennessee problem.
I'm not in favor of helping them. Not on the field, or off the field.

Especially now that Fat Phil is back in the fold...

I like Pruitt, but the only game I want to see them win is against Auburn.
I'm one of the 'I HATE TENNESSEE' guys...

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Fulmer, who once testified against Alabama during a 1990s recruiting scandal in Memphis, said he plans to make Tennessee competitive in the rivalry again.
When a snake in the grass makes a statement like that, look out! He only knows of one way to do that. Without Kramer sitting in the conference office, will be interesting to see how he goes about this.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I think Pruitt is very good, and I hate that he went to UT. I don't blame him because most coaches don't get a first time head coaching job in the SEC. I think we have seen it some recently only because of the Saban influence. Pruitt would have been crazy not to take that job, though. He has some decent talent there, and they are in a fairly week division. The division is getting better, so he needs to get busy, but I am like most Bama fans who hope he gets whipped more often than not.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I'm not a fan of helping UT in any manner. Phat Phil thinks he'll be relevant again and will stop at nothing to achieve his purpose. I don't trust them and if Pruitt is smart he will watch his back. You lay down with dogs you get fleas, orange fleas!

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

Gonna be interesting to watch Bama fan's opinion of Pruitt on the change. I never wanted him at an SEC rival school, but I do understand the desire to run his own program. Having said that...I don't think he could have picked a boss having worse characteristics. JMO but I base it on what has happened. Not so long ago. Our younger fans will most likely have to learn these things on their own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.