News Article: Alabama AD Byrne provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coach search

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Re: Alabama administrator provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coac

I'd have to see the list to know for sure, but basically, we gave him some advice, he followed that advice, and it got him fired. Were we actually helping him, or was it just a really good practical joke?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Re: Alabama administrator provided Tennessee exclusive data to aid Vols football coac

I'd have to see the list to know for sure, but basically, we gave him some advice, he followed that advice, and it got him fired. Were we actually helping him, or was it just a really good practical joke?
I don't recall reading where Byrne offering this info is what got him fired.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA

I have no problem with advice, but I don’t think the rivalry is tapering off either. Maybe we told them who to hire because we are bored with blugeoning them to death every third October and want to beat a decent team every now and then.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Dunno, Allie, just cannot get past that photo atop the article of Our Botch out of uniform - viz. the more recent photo of him in his 'Bama bellboy-interne-Butch-the- barber (and paddock mucker?) smock at Belichick's beck and :biga:nybody else's call...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

I have no problem with advice, but I don’t think the rivalry is tapering off either. Maybe we told them who to hire because we are bored with blugeoning them to death every third October and want to beat a decent team every now and then.
We need them to be a ranked opponent when we beat them.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

You should never bludgeon anybody to de... What's that? We're talking about UT? Never mind.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Dunno, Allie, just cannot get past that photo atop the article of Our Botch out of uniform - viz. the more recent photo of him in his 'Bama bellboy-interne-Butch-the- barber (and paddock mucker?) smock at Belichick's beck and :biga:nybody else's call...
'ju make a hoe in ur cheek with that comment:p_ask: :p_excl: :cool2: LOL

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Sorry, but I want us to be doing this for the totality of whatever time I have left on the planet and for it to continue in perpetuity for long after I`m gone. Anybody have any questions about how I feel about those orange pukes?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I am a little perplexed at this. Was Coach Saban pushing or OC out the door? Is there a history of friendship between our AD and theirs? I wish I knew the motive behind this. Very strange IMO.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017

I don't think we should be doing anything to help them. With Fulmer back at the helm we should view them as the worst kind of snakes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Athletic administrations are not where the rivalry is held - it is held in the hearts and minds of the fans.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

So Currie took our info, decided Greg Schiano was the man, and got run out of town for it.

Well played, BAMA.....well played [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Athletic administrations are not where the rivalry is held - it is held in the hearts and minds of the fans.
And memories.

Kramer
Sanford
Johannigmeier
Fulmer
Locke
Smith
Lang

and more I don’t have time for. I’ll never forget or forgive.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I don't think we should be doing anything to help them. With Fulmer back at the helm we should view them as the worst kind of snakes.
Phat Phil brought the Vols to their knees and now that he is back in a more powerful position, they will stay in the cellar. He stabbed everyone in the back to serve his own agenda and I hate it for Jeremy Pruitt but he made his own decisions. Watch your back Jeremy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.