cutting the cord / streaming tv thread

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well, Youtube tv is jacking their price. Been on for a good while but am about to tell them to pound sand. How have the other services evolved in the last few years? We have basic Hulu and thinking about going full bore with them. How are the prices?
Oak:

I was on the cord-cutting path a couple years back but ultimately was able to get my cable bill down to the point that it no longer made financial sense to go to streaming. So I'm still on cable here and gotta say I love it. I also subscribed to Netflicks and ESPN+ so I do stream but my main gig is just through cable.

I'm also an Amazon Prime member so get that with streaming.

My last cable bill came to $164/month and that includes both TV and Internet....plus all their taxes and fees BS.

My cable provider is Spectrum.

This probably doesn't help with your situation, but at least you got a reply...:)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Internet streaming services will end up being the same prices as the cable and satellite services were when millions decided to switch. It is all cyclical and now the streaming services have had an enormous amount of new customers which equates to hundreds of millions of dollars in new revenue. So, in turn, companies like MLB, ESPN, CBS, etc. begin wanting a bigger cut so they're charging these streaming services more money to carry their product. It'll get to the point where cable services will be able to offer what streaming services were able to offer when they were trying to break-into the market.

Reactions: Bazza

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
I hav
Oak:

I was on the cord-cutting path a couple years back but ultimately was able to get my cable bill down to the point that it no longer made financial sense to go to streaming. So I'm still on cable here and gotta say I love it. I also subscribed to Netflicks and ESPN+ so I do stream but my main gig is just through cable.

I'm also an Amazon Prime member so get that with streaming.

My last cable bill came to $164/month and that includes both TV and Internet....plus all their taxes and fees BS.

My cable provider is Spectrum.

This probably doesn't help with your situation, but at least you got a reply...:)
I have always thought that streaming prices would eventually rise to the point that they criss crossed cable. You Tube has what mostly aligns with what we watch, but I am thinking about cutting back on TV in general. We have basic Hulu to watch some of their shows, but I have recently realized that they have all three of the major network shows and many others. (except deep programing in sports). They don't have the local weather on their basic service, but that comes in by phone if needed.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Internet streaming services will end up being the same prices as the cable and satellite services were when millions decided to switch. It is all cyclical and now the streaming services have had an enormous amount of new customers which equates to hundreds of millions of dollars in new revenue. So, in turn, companies like MLB, ESPN, CBS, etc. begin wanting a bigger cut so they're charging these streaming services more money to carry their product. It'll get to the point where cable services will be able to offer what streaming services were able to offer when they were trying to break-into the market.
if cable services got rid of contracts, everyone would come back. It is the only thing keeping me on streaming

Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I have always thought that streaming prices would eventually rise to the point that they criss crossed cable. You Tube has what mostly aligns with what we watch, but I am thinking about cutting back on TV in general. We have basic Hulu to watch some of their shows, but I have recently realized that they have all three of the major network shows and many others. (except deep programing in sports). They don't have the local weather on their basic service, but that comes in by phone if needed.
We have given up favorite shows as the networks migrated them off Hulu and Netflix to their own platforms. We find something we want to watch on what we have (Netflix and Disney Plus) or we generally don't watch it. We do have my inlaw's cable login, so we could stream some of their on-demand stuff if we wanted. We do use their login for sports. Not sure what we'll do if login sharing gets capped.

Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I hav

The biggest difference is the contracts as mentioned. The beauty of streaming is you can add some service for a month or two, watch all you want, then shut it off. Then do a different one.

YTTV now at $73 plus internet at $25 is still pretty tough to beat.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
A colleague told me about Cue Streaming for 60 bucks a month yesterday. Anyone have any experience with that service?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.