Alabama, Future Scheduling Thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How do we lose money playing USC home/home? The game would sell out in Tuscaloosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Selma said, unless USC and Bama are up to full potential then you won’t see the numbers. Right now you would probably have a 1/3 empty LA game and a 1/4 empty UA game. Scalpers in Tuscaloosa and secondary market sellers would hold firm with high prices until game time. A lot of money would be lost in the hotel and shop districts which are two things universities take into account.

FWIW BDS sells out every game, but how many times is it actually full even for SEC games?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That's why scalpers and secondary markets can tend towards sucking but how are you gonna stop em without sticking SWAT teams on them?!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That's why scalpers and secondary markets can tend towards sucking but how are you gonna stop em without sticking SWAT teams on them?!
Scalping you can stop, but the university sees them as a means of revenue. 1) the university has them pay a huge fee to legally scalp and 2) scalpers draw people on campus. LSU has far fewer scalpers because it’s illegal, Atlanta has moved to the mobile ticket, and etc. point is the university could give scalpers the ax if they wanted to.

Secondary market is a whole different story.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As compared to how much the local hotels and restaurants make when we play in Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I say in 2022 we play U of Penn to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of our win over an Ivy League school coached by John Heisman. We can play it in the same stadium, Franklin Field. (I'm just looking for an excuse to see Bama play here.)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I say in 2022 we play U of Penn to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of our win over an Ivy League school coached by John Heisman. We can play it in the same stadium, Franklin Field. (I'm just looking for an excuse to see Bama play here.)
Thinking Temple is probably a better bet.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I feel more and more like a cult of one, but I really like the neutral site games when they involve a power opponent. I'd enjoy a game with Nebraska or Notre Dame in Dallas, Texas in maybe St. Louis, or Wisconsin, Washington, Stanford, USC, UCLA, all would make great neutral site opponents. As Alabama fans, I think many are too spoiled. Other programs would love to get a chance to play in a bowl game ("neutral site matchup") and Alabama gets a chance to play in up to 3 a year now that the playoff has been instituted, not to mention the possibility of the SECCG. If I could pick a site for a game, I might choose either Gillette Stadium or MetLife just for a change of scenery.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'd like to see Alabama go with teams/locations they haven't been to at all or haven't been to in a long time. Let's do Seattle, Eugene, Bay Area, Los Angeles, etc.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I haven't been following this thread much but I would love for us to play USC or UCLA or whoever in the Inglewood Stadium when its built. That stadium just looks incredible along with the surrounding area. Plus I'll be moving to the in Cali in a year or 2 so it would be perfect for me.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd like to see Alabama go with teams/locations they haven't been to at all or haven't been to in a long time. Let's do Seattle, Eugene, Bay Area, Los Angeles, etc.
Hmmm, might you live on the West coast?

I would like to see them play a few teams in the Midwest. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.