Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Report: Alabama, Notre Dame negotiating home-and-home series a

Why are we playing Duke.
My understanding is that Alabama was contractually obligated to the game before an opponent was produced from the ACC and Duke's administration whined about a lack of access for them in this game. So we ended up with this absolute laugher of an opener. I think this game paired with the 2018 opener (Louisville) is why Alabama has started to shop home & home opportunities and perhaps make these openers respect our commitment a bit more.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Re: Report: Alabama, Notre Dame negotiating home-and-home series a

Why are we playing Duke.
Probably would take less than 15 seconds to call roll in a group of D1 ADs willing to schedule their football teams against Alabama. None of them with an elite football program. Duke is in that group.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Anyone care to guess the kickoff for the Louisville game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kickoff time? Either 5:00 PM or 8:00 PM. Depends how you interpret the following:

TOUCHDOWN TAILGATE

"The official pre-game hospitality of the Camping World Kickoff in a climate controlled tent within the popular Fanfest area. Includes unlimited 4Rivers Smokehouse barbecue, beer and wine. Liquor available at a cash bar. Opens 3 hours before kickoff (5 p.m.). Enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience on Tinker Field in the shadow of the stadium while experiencing performances by each school’s marching bands and cheerleaders."
Opens 3 hours before kickoff (5 p.m.)
pens 3 hours before kickoff (5 p.m.).
https://campingworldkickoff.com/tickets/

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Kickoff time? Either 5:00 PM or 8:00 PM. Depends how you interpret the following:

TOUCHDOWN TAILGATE

"The official pre-game hospitality of the Camping World Kickoff in a climate controlled tent within the popular Fanfest area. Includes unlimited 4Rivers Smokehouse barbecue, beer and wine. Liquor available at a cash bar. Opens 3 hours before kickoff (5 p.m.). Enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience on Tinker Field in the shadow of the stadium while experiencing performances by each school’s marching bands and cheerleaders."
Opens 3 hours before kickoff (5 p.m.)
pens 3 hours before kickoff (5 p.m.).
https://campingworldkickoff.com/tickets/
I’m hoping it’s a late start. We’re going to be at Disney that weekend and it won’t interfere with our time in the park. It looks like we are going to be in AK since they have early magic hours that day.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I’m hoping it’s a late start. We’re going to be at Disney that weekend and it won’t interfere with our time in the park. It looks like we are going to be in AK since they have early magic hours that day.
Have you seen all of the cool Disney/Alabama stuff for sale in the Bryant museum gift shop?

I will be in Cocoa Beach that weekend. If I can score cheap tickets, I will drive over for this game. I am definitely taking in a game this season at BDS. The spring game has me pumped to take in a regular season game there.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Nothing like a game at BDS in the fall. Do yourself a favor and make it a big game. No offense to the Mercers of the world, but being @ BDS vs LSU...man...chills......
Have you seen all of the cool Disney/Alabama stuff for sale in the Bryant museum gift shop?

I will be in Cocoa Beach that weekend. If I can score cheap tickets, I will drive over for this game. I am definitely taking in a game this season at BDS. The spring game has me pumped to take in a regular season game there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nothing like a game at BDS in the fall. Do yourself a favor and make it a big game. No offense to the Mercers of the world, but being @ BDS vs LSU...man...chills......
Yeah, but I am not willing to spend $500/ticket to see a regular season game, so I doubt that this will happen this year. Maybe when I retire.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Agree completely, but there's also nothing quite like an afternoon or early evening game at BD in the first 2-3 weeks of the season. We went to the home opener last year and dang nearly had heat stroke!! LOL!!! ;)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

The initial game in 2016 was a late game. There was no game in 2017. I interpret the tailgate notice as an 8 PM kickoff.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

I haven’t been to campus since 2014 and it’s been a while since I’ve been to the Bryant Museum, maybe 8 years. I do have a Mickey Alabama pin with a 13 on his helmet that I bought at the Contemporary gift shop last summer. It’s hard to get back to campus with a 6 year old, especially living in NJ during the school year. I thought about thanksgiving weekend, by our Disney Cruise, stay at the resort for Labor Day weekend, and game tickets for three is costing me a fortune. One bright spot is we made the Free Disney Dining promotion for our 4 nights at our resort.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Utah State to play at Alabama in 2022

[FONT="]"The Utah State Aggies will play at the Alabama Crimson Tide in 2022, the school [URL="http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050218aaa.html"]announced[/URL] on Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Utah State will take on Alabama at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa on Sept. 3, 2022. The Aggies will receive a guarantee of $1,910,000 for playing the game, per the release."

http://www.fbschedules.com/2018/05/utah-state-play-at-alabama-2022/[/FONT]
And the collective eyes roll.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.