Was Bama beaten by the eventual NC?

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
The last two times I was excited about Bama basketball and we actually won games in the Ncaas didn't we get beat by the eventual National champs? This year by Nova (not yet determined) and the year we had...Mo Williams or was it Pettway?, by UConn?

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
2006 we lost to UCLA in the 2nd round. They made the Final 4, but lost to UF in the NCG. We did lose to eventual champion UConn in ‘04.

BAMA Tournament Appearances from the Year 2002 to Present:

2002 #2 seed. Eliminated 2nd round by Kent St
2003 #10 Seed. Eliminated 1st round by Indiana
2004 #8 Seed Eliminated in the Elite 8 by eventual National Champ UCONN
2005 #5 seed. Eliminated 1st round by UW-Milwaukee (Bruce Pearl) (Gross) (I’m still mad)
2006 #10 seed eliminated 2nd round by UCLA (Eventual National Runner-up)
2012 #9 Seed eliminated 1st round by Creighton
2018 #9 seed eliminated 2nd round by Villanova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We lost to the best shooting team since the Providence game so long ago. They truly could have beaten an NBA team in that game.

Rtr

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
No, 'Bama has never played the eventual NC - Loyola of Chicago, that is. Almost played the University of Chicago Maroons once in football (the year Jay Berwanger won the first Heisman and Bear was 'Bama's "other end"), but never Loyola...yet.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It looks like Bama could have went a long way in this tourney if not for facing nova.
If we'd won a few of the games we gave way, I think we get a much better draw. We stayed with Nova for a half, but when any team shoots they way they shoot, the outcome is almost a forgone conclusion. The NCAA tourney is all about the draw and your region. If we are in the south region, I think we win a few and maybe get to the sweet 16. Hopefully we'll win more games and get a much better draw next year. I think next year will be the key year to see if we are moving in the right direction. We need not just more skill though out the lineup, but more experience too.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
If we'd won a few of the games we gave way, I think we get a much better draw. We stayed with Nova for a half, but when any team shoots they way they shoot, the outcome is almost a forgone conclusion. The NCAA tourney is all about the draw and your region. If we are in the south region, I think we win a few and maybe get to the sweet 16. Hopefully we'll win more games and get a much better draw next year. I think next year will be the key year to see if we are moving in the right direction. We need not just more skill though out the lineup, but more experience too.
We could have been Virginia. Can you imagine how the board would have exploded if we were the number 1 seed and lost. People would go insane if we are the 6 seed and lose in the first round.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The DiVincenzo kid was special to watch last night an well worth the price of admission.
Talk about a hot hand!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
This has to be one of the more impressive tournament runs ever?

Villanova was a VERY deserving champion.

rtr

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I knew we didn't have a chance against Villanova, no one did. Getting a win in the tournament was a good showing and made for a good season. Villanova was a juggernaut and fun to watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.