TX parents pour hot oil on daughter for refusing arranged marriage

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
it wasn't that uncommon long ago for kids in general to get the crap beat out of them in the name of [christian] discipline.
or raped in the case of Gay Women. Still happens in this country but not near as often as it used to or near as much as it happens in other countries

and of course I should also add that in many of these countries they are doing these things with the explicit support of American Evangelicals. Who can forget that American's supported and campaigned for the Death Penalty for Homosexuals in Uganda (and elsewhere)

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I needed him last night...had a freaking psycho coach who wanted to fight me and my partner over a 10u baseball game...jackhole. If he was in Houston, I'd take his class. Instead, I just had my hand on my derringer I keep nearby for such auspicious occasions.
As he taught me, remember to stomp on the instep, rake the shins, blows to the throat and outside of the knees, and bending fingers (if the opportunity presents itself). Forget going after the family jewels. Too easy for you to miss or them to block, as guys instinctively look for that kind of attack.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The OP was about a wonderful couple who maimed their daughter.
Somewhere at some time some Christians were jerks.
Not all Muslims maim their daughters.

No one is disputing the latter two statements.
I'm still going to condemn the activity in the first.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
As he taught me, remember to stomp on the instep, rake the shins, blows to the throat and outside of the knees, and bending fingers (if the opportunity presents itself). Forget going after the family jewels. Too easy for you to miss or them to block, as guys instinctively look for that kind of attack.
I've always had the "Nut, nose, knee" approach myself. I'll have to change my approach and re-watch the scene from "Miss Congeniality."

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The OP was about a wonderful couple who maimed their daughter.
Somewhere at some time some Christians were jerks.
Not all Muslims maim their daughters.

No one is disputing the latter two statements.
I'm still going to condemn the activity in the first.
Your first few posts in the thread read differently than not disputing the latter two statements. Though to be fair there's not much to those posts so there's room to interpret (or misinterpret) it as a blanket condemnation of an entire group of people based upon one story.

eta-Although I was referring to more than just your posts (or to more than just posts here in general) in my comment.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Your first few posts in the thread read differently than not disputing the latter two statements. Though to be fair there's not much to those posts so there's room to interpret (or misinterpret) it as a blanket condemnation of an entire group of people based upon one story.

eta-Although I was referring to more than just your posts (or to more than just posts here in general) in my comment.
I thought I was pretty clear: I don't favor any culture that thinks it's ok to maim one's daughter.* Didn't think it was much of a stretch to hold such a view. I dislike such activity so much that I would not be in favor of such a person immigrating here.

*This does not mean I don't think some Christians can be jerks. And this does not mean I think all Muslims throw boiling oil on their daughters. This is a lazy, dishonest counter argument. It's also a non sequitur to the OP.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
or raped in the case of Gay Women. Still happens in this country but not near as often as it used to or near as much as it happens in other countries

and of course I should also add that in many of these countries they are doing these things with the explicit support of American Evangelicals. Who can forget that American's supported and campaigned for the Death Penalty for Homosexuals in Uganda (and elsewhere)
well, you know, those women are like that because they've never been satisfied by a real man. and how dare a lesbian not be hot.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I thought I was pretty clear: I don't favor any culture that thinks it's ok to maim one's daughter.* Didn't think it was much of a stretch to hold such a view. I dislike such activity so much that I would not be in favor of such a person immigrating here.

*This does not mean I don't think some Christians can be jerks. And this does not mean I think all Muslims throw boiling oil on there daughters. This is a lazy, dishonest counter argument. It's also a non sequitur to the OP.
i do not think it is ok have carnal relations with livestock. but i don't go around saying "i disagree with auburn culture" because i am pretty sure a majority of auburns aren't down with that.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
i do not think it is ok have carnal relations with livestock. but i don't go around saying "i disagree with auburn culture" because i am pretty sure a majority of auburns aren't down with that.
Is it ok to condemn the portion* of auburn culture that has carnal relations with livestock? Because that would be a correct analogy to the OP.

*I question your assumption that a majority aren't down with that.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

*This does not mean I don't think some Christians can be jerks. And this does not mean I think all Muslims throw boiling oil on their daughters. This is a lazy, dishonest counter argument. It's also a non sequitur to the OP.
You can call it lazy or dishonest if you want but if you actually read what I wrote you would see that I said it could be minterpreted and that it wasn't only about your posts. Such dishonesty on my part....

My point is that the pushing of these types of articles across the internet is to inflame things and paint Muslims as bad and scary people as a whole when we should be focused more on painting Floridians as bad and scary people as a whole.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
You can call it lazy or dishonest if you want but if you actually read what I wrote you would see that I said it could be minterpreted and that it wasn't only about your posts. Such dishonesty on my part....

My point is that the pushing of these types of articles across the internet is to inflame things and paint Muslims as bad and scary people as a whole when we should be focused more on painting Floridians as bad and scary people as a whole.
Sigh. I didn't say you were being lazy and dishonest. I was referring generally to the lazy and dishonest strategy of creating a strawman argument. The OP was about a specific incident.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sigh. I didn't say you were being lazy and dishonest. I was referring generally to the lazy and dishonest strategy of creating a strawman argument. The OP was about a specific incident.
and you expanded on it to take a jab at an entire culture (still can't quite figure out which culture), creating your own overgeneralization.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.