News Article: Flat-earther blasts off in homemade rocket to prove earth shaped like frisbee

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I haven’t read the whole thread, so forgive me if it has been discussed, but what do the flat earth “people” think there is to gain by perpetuating the “myth” that the earth is not flat? It would seem that they are just trying to cast doubt on science in general, or at the very least they are trying to get people to buy in to conspiracy theories.

It is pathetic nonsense that it has become a sort of (bowel?) movement with actual people believing it. There is no limit to the harm that can be done to society by people who would take even the most basic of facts and substitute pure fiction.
the world is full of cranks who like to stand up against the lies of the status quo. i'm not sure what drives people to this though, but the advent of the interweb's has made it a lot easier for the cranks of the world to unite and mass market their stupidity.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's sad seeing how trashed Everest has gotten over the years. They should all abide by the off-roading motto of "pack it in, pack it out" instead of trashing the mountain in their quest for self gratification and ego.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Unfortunately, the Internet has created a world of ill-informed idiots who are more dangerous than back in the day when their musings was limited to their breakfast tables and nobody said anything because, "We don't wanna make Paw-paw mad."

I've been locking horns with an idiot for years who posts musings feces all over the Net and runs from site to site misinforming the hoi polloi.

I've seen people on Facebook think they're one step short of attorneys because they watched every minute of the OJ case (or got sued).

Hell, we've had some so-called scientists who haven't even met Trump want to diagnose him as mentally ill. (Even our own Savannah Dare thought this was beyond contempt).

"I can Google it" has become a synonym for "I understand it."

Most don't.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.