"4th and Goal Everyday" What a book!

the old coach

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 21, 2010
I just finished" 4th and Goal Everyday" by Phil Savage. For anyone who loves Alabama football or football in general it is a great book. I coached football for over 30 years and this book gave me insights that I never knew or realized. It is an inside view of Alabama football during the "Saban Era. Savage is in a unique position to write this book being a friend and confidante of Coach Saban since his time with the Cleveland Browns. I'm sure I'll go back and watch some of the films with a new insight and understanding.The book is unusual because its emphasis is on the "why" rather that just what happened. It covers aspects of Alabama football such as recruiting, player development, offensive development, development of the defense and other areas. The stories of trivia make the book interesting and easy reading. I fully recommend it.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
My copy came in over the weekend. Seems to be an easy flowing read. Will be dedicating a lot of time to studying the book. Thanks for the heads up and encouragement to read...a book. Lol

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The only problem I have with this book is that it wasn’t long enough. I read through it in a few days. I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the old coach

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 21, 2010
Everything he wrote about was embodied in the 2017 season. Maybe he will write an epilog about the championship year.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
It is a good book. It is slap full of great interesting information. Phil Savage provides a unique perspective

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.