UA Barbershop Show “Shop Talk” (Changed to "Bama Cuts")

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Re: UA Tweets a Trailer for Show “Shop Talk”

Well Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Penny Hardaway, Reggie Miller, Shaq O'Neal, Kenny Anderson, and the list goes on... they all have found something they are good at outside NBA life... owning a company, teams, movie, write a book, tv series... and There are current players that will do well after NBA life like Kevin Durant, Andre Iggy, Stephen Curry, Paul George, Chris Paul, LBJ, etc.
I know Shaq bought a ton of Five Guys chains and Jordan let Nike put his name on a bunch of stuff but I don't know about the others.

I think you may have misconstrued the statements of not being a great entrepreneur with not having financial success post-sports career. MANY athletes do that (I mean, put your money in a low risk mutual fund and you're already just about set for life - then factor in those who diversify and take some calculated risks and their wealth explodes.)

Having success post-career isn't the same as being a successful entrepreneur. Writing books or being in movies is just an extension of the fame you already have, it's nearly a can't miss proposition and people will line up to pay you to do those things. When starting a new business from scratch there is a much higher element of risk. That's where Lebron finds himself.

Hey, he may make it work, but he will hit speed-bumps along the way, like this debacle, and that just shows it's not his natural element. That's all I was really trying to say. Not that athletes are dumb jocks who can't do anything else. But there is VERY high likelihood that it won't come as naturally. Most of them are just money men who like an idea they hear from ACTUAL entrepreneurs and they live and die by the skills and success of that person and idea.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

It’s like CNS was sitting there saying, “Not much challenge left here....hell, I can own one of the greatest NBA players of all time.”

If it’s a championship showdown, we already know the outcome.

Damn, LeBron got dunked on by a 5’6” white graandpa who can’t jump.

I’ve got a hundred of them.

On a more serious note, it’s just dumb, okay? Besides, didn’t Eddie Murphy talk sports in a barber shop in a movie?

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Hey LeeBron; Laura Ingraham says hello and recommends you "just shut up and dribble"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The name changed to Bama Cuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

They’re fantastic. Noticed Saban straight out called out the negative recruiting.
And I'm a bit of a tech dweeb, but the production is quite slick. It's very difficult to mic spaces like that and the sound quality is pretty good. I'm still trying to find the cameras, lol.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I wonder if we'll see Blake Sims on the show soon. I would love to hear from him, Ha-ha, Ingram, etc. I'm sure we'll see them, but I"m really enjoying this.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

I'm enthralled, a unique behind the scenes look at the brotherhood of Bama football.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And I'm a bit of a tech dweeb, but the production is quite slick. It's very difficult to mic spaces like that and the sound quality is pretty good. I'm still trying to find the cameras, lol.
The production of these has been top notch. An entire program project that was done extremely well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

These are great. Great for the fans, great for recruits to see and I'm sure great for those players involved because they probably love doing that.

RTR

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I liked episode 2 even more than episode one. I bet the barbers have a good time listening to the conversations too. Thank you for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Julio basically just said that playing/practice at Alabama is tougher than an NFL team!!!

I also got a good laugh at CNS being next in line for a cut and the Riddler came in and snuck behind coverage and beat him to it!!!

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Man, this stuff is just ridiculously good marketing for our program! Outsiders can say what they want about Coach Saban, but there is absolutely no denying that he is constantly on the forefront of recruiting in EVERY way. I thought the Bama social media accounts were fantastic, but this is just taking it to another level. 11 years later and I am still amazed...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

CNS has a much better playoff record than Lebron.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I wonder if we'll see Blake Sims on the show soon. I would love to hear from him, Ha-ha, Ingram, etc. I'm sure we'll see them, but I"m really enjoying this.
Would love to see Blake - the greatest teammate of all time. Just seeing him makes Bama fans happy :). The modern day Mal Moore. He must have an ego, but all he seemed to care about was the team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.