News Article: Saban Explains Why Vandarius Cowan has Missed Last Two Practices

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Makes me think of how Tim Williams spent some time in the doghouse early in his career but eventually got onto the field in his last two seasons. Probably could've used his quick twitch in 2014 but he wasn't seen as a reliable guy so he didn't get opportunities on Saturdays. Rather try to nip it in the bud early than let it become an actual academic problem after the semester.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I makes me feel good to know our HC takes character seriously. We all know boosters can't be controlled but we can do the right thing when we get the chance. Roll Tide.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
It's all about knowing what you are responsible for as a player and accepting that responsibility. I like CNS attitude of if you can't take on the responsibility you can't take the field.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The habits that make for championship level players are not common. Joining Alabama is a bit like joining the Marines, they have to learn a new way of thinking and develop the habits that lead to success. Hopefully this is nothing but a bump in the road for Cowan because we really need him to succeed.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
The habits that make for championship level players are not common. Joining Alabama is a bit like joining the Marines, they have to learn a new way of thinking and develop the habits that lead to success. Hopefully this is nothing but a bump in the road for Cowan because we really need him to succeed.
Bends and thrusts on the quarterdeck until CNS gets tired.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban generally does not provide this type of detail about transgressions that require discipline. I suspect that this is Saban sending a message to the rest of the team rather than letting the public know what is going on with Cowan.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban has rarely dropped the player's name in the interview when they are in doghouse. The fact he mentioned Cowan's name suggests that it's serious and he's sending a specific message to Cowan, which is "You better take your classroom serious or you will not play this fall."

I don't think it's just a message to the team, but it's geared toward Cowan.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Saban has rarely dropped the player's name in the interview when they are in doghouse. The fact he mentioned Cowan's name suggests that it's serious and he's sending a specific message to Cowan, which is "You better take your classroom serious or you will not play this fall."

I don't think it's just a message to the team, but it's geared toward Cowan.
Could very well be a message of "This is your final warning." You're right, he rarely mentions names in situations like these.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I hope he does, but I have my doubts. I've spoken to him a few times, and I'm not sure that he really gets how important it is to make good decisions off the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.