Story of Jeremy Pruitt from Bama to TN

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't mean this to sound all REC or anything (or as condescending as I know it will come across) but Dabo's reputation from when he was here (fairly or unfairly) isn't the most......conducive to being hired as head coach here.

It might come down to whether or not his record SINCE then (which as far as I can tell has been spectacular) overcomes the past.

And why do we all assume Dabo even wants to come here?

Does ANYBODY want to be "the guy who followed the guy"?

TidePhin

All-SEC
Feb 25, 2005
Hoover, AL
I don't mean this to sound all REC or anything (or as condescending as I know it will come across) but Dabo's reputation from when he was here (fairly or unfairly) isn't the most......conducive to being hired as head coach here.

It might come down to whether or not his record SINCE then (which as far as I can tell has been spectacular) overcomes the past.

Will Bill Clark be looked at?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I think it will come down to who Nick chooses to replace him......

I would trust his judgement.....and be happy with whoever he decides fits best.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I am more interested to see if he will be a prior Saban assistant like McElwain or like Jimbo Fisher.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Considering no one outside of Nick Saban has a clue as to how long he will remain HC at Bama, discussing his potential replacement is a literal waste of time. I can almost guarantee any name someone mentions now won't be the choice when that time arrives.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I'm hoping that the day CNS retires is so far down the road, his eventual replacement is just getting started in coaching.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Considering no one outside of Nick Saban has a clue as to how long he will remain HC at Bama, discussing his potential replacement is a literal waste of time. I can almost guarantee any name someone mentions now won't be the choice when that time arrives.
Other programs talk of Saban's retirement because they look toward a day that he will no longer dominate the sport. So, for them, it isn't really a waste of time so much as a discussion about a point in the future in which their opportunity for success is greatly improved.

For me - I hope he coaches for a very long time. He has improved the quality of play across the entire sport as other programs work to match what he is doing. I suspect that the sport will start to slip backward when he retires, and that is not something that I look forward to.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just remember that when leaving LSU Nick suggested Houston Nutt to replace him. I don't think Saban needs to be a part of the hiring process of who replaces him.
He also highly recommended Dooley. :biggrin:

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA

I've never heard anything bad about Dabo's reputation, when he was at Bama or wherever. You might want to delete that slur.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've never heard anything bad about Dabo's reputation, when he was at Bama or wherever. You might want to delete that slur.

You might ought to consider some folks know stuff that other folks don't, too.

Just because something wasn't in the newspaper doesn't make it wrong.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You have to give the Vols credit. I mean, who would have ever thought hiring a defensive coordinator with no previous head coaching experience would be thought to be a challenge? Only THEY could pull such.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.