Roseanne premiers to massive ratings (update: she's fired)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Roseanne premiers to massive ratings

Btw - I'm becoming VERY wary of this whole "that show is bad because that actor likes (name of politician)."

It's like the old Colin Cowherd argument......"just because I eat Snickers doesn't mean I approve of what the guy who makes Snickers does....I just like the candy bar....."
I don’t care, either. I bet if Colin Kapernick led a team to the Super Bowl, the Trumpies who cheer for that team would love him and suddenly become more open-minded about his protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Not only do they generally suck but - with a few modifications - it's like I'm watching the SAME show I saw 20 years ago just with different names.
Another problem is that when a sitcom does come around with some original ideas or at least breaks typical format they tend to get ignored overall and then fade away. For whatever reason on the big channels doing the same shows over again seems to work on most people.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

I'd bet there are a lot of people associated with that show who are not really happy with Roseanne.

I guess she couldn't keep her trap shut.

Her career returns from the dead, and returns back to the grave.

Maybe Tom Arnold can mount a comeback.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I don’t care, either. I bet if Colin Kapernick led a team to the Super Bowl, the Trumpies who cheer for that team would love him and suddenly become more open-minded about his protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I mean it's not like Ravens fans cheered Ray Lewis after two murders at the Super Bowl or anything.

And I now see why I've essentially quit Twitter (I read it about once a month and no longer post on it).

It's too easy to be misunderstood. At least with Facebook, I limit it to people I know at least in some general way (most I went to school with).

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The advertisers who were inadvertently placed on her show should demand compensation for having their company associated with this racist crap. Firing the witch after the fact hardly seems adequate, they knew what they were getting when they hired her.

ABC's explanation seems to be "We apologize, we thought she would keep her racism within acceptable bounds."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The advertisers who were inadvertently placed on her show should demand compensation for having their company associated with this racist crap. Firing the witch after the fact hardly seems adequate, they knew what they were getting when they hired her.

ABC's explanation seems to be "We apologize, we thought she would keep her racism within acceptable bounds."
To be fair, if a company chooses to advertise on a show like that they know they're playing with fire.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

To be fair, if a company chooses to advertise on a show like that they know they're playing with fire.
Some companies are randomly placed on whatever show, is my understanding. When they realize they are sponsoring an offensive program, they can ask the network to use their ad on a different program. Other advertisers request a specific show to advertise on.

I could be completely wrong but that's my best guess. It might also be that the more popular a particular show is, the more the network can charge to advertise during it. But we are in agreement, any company that specifically requested their ads be placed on this show was playing with fire.

As often happens, she will likely come up with a "poor me, I'm a victim stance" and turn the firing into a money maker.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

She could start a new career as a spokesperson for a company that sells white sheets. With bullwhips and chains also available.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.