Roseanne premiers to massive ratings (update: she's fired)

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Oh, please.

Trump called Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists. He characterized Haitian and African countries as "shítholes" and claimed that Nigerians live in huts. He insisted that the Muslim mother of a slain American soldier was forbidden to speak because of her religion. He taunts Native Americans as "Pocahontas." He openly mocked a disabled reporter. He insisted that Barack Obama was not an American citizen, even after the release of his birth certificate. He has defended Neo-Nazis on multiple occasions. He refused to rent apartments to black people and said laziness is a genetic trait in blacks. This is certainly not a comprehensive list, but each of these transgressions during his political life was met with roaring applause from his supporters.

But sure, it's all just part of our politicized world.
Bravo! Thank you for placing the responsibility squarely where it lies! He has incited and encouraged such outrageous behavior!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I disagree with a lot of things Trump does.

But my entire life is not consumed with Trump.

You're welcome to your angst, but don't drag me into that quagmire.....I have always been a "big picture" person.

It's not about what Trump does and doesn't do. It's what gave him the office.

That's where you should focus your angst.

He's just a component of the system we're in.
Putting the blame for Roseanne's tweet on Trump alone is ridiculous. Ignoring the correlation between people making comments like that and the rise of Trump is equally ridiculous.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I disagree with a lot of things Trump does.

But my entire life is not consumed with Trump.

You're welcome to your angst, but don't drag me into that quagmire.....I have always been a "big picture" person.

It's not about what Trump does and doesn't do. It's what gave him the office.

That's where you should focus your angst.

He's just a component of the system we're in.
that's what i'm doing. but it's not angst, it's disgust

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
When Trump fussed about an American judge with Mexican ancestry not being fit to try a case involving Trump, Paul Ryan admitted this was "text book racism." And all the closet racists said "Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Excuse me, but Trump has glorified racism. The saddest thing in my opinion is that, awful as that racism is, it's hardly the worst aspect of this administration. There's the willingness to work with Russians to win an election. There's exploiting the Oval Office for personal gain. Alienating our allies. Weakening the ties to Europe. Coddling up and mimicking dictators. And just generally being as disgusting as possible at all times.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
When Trump fussed about an American judge with Mexican ancestry not being fit to try a case involving Trump, Paul Ryan admitted this was "text book racism." And all the closet racists said "Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Excuse me, but Trump has glorified racism. The saddest thing in my opinion is that, awful as that racism is, it's hardly the worst aspect of this administration. There's the willingness to work with Russians to win an election. There's exploiting the Oval Office for personal gain. Alienating our allies. Weakening the ties to Europe. Coddling up and mimicking dictators. And just generally being as disgusting as possible at all times.
Exactly!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It was a tasteless tweet.

Not the first time someone made a tasteless tweet.

But go ahead and lay it all on Trump.

Par for the course......
Typical for sure

And make light of killing children as "dark humor", but it's not us, it's you.

And spew hate towards Christians and anyone who doesn't think in line with you. You throw poop from the same pile he does and claim your hands don't stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
We are all familiar with the old saying "don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

In my humble opinion, what we are seeing is many people who know better are supporting Trump because it "melts snowflakes." They are watching our country being degraded and putting up with it because it upsets liberals. They are cutting off the country's nose to show they can.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I don't disagree.

But too bad folks screamed "racism" every time they lost for nearly 50 years and then nobody believed them when the real wolf showed up.

Nixon didn't win because of racism in 1968 or Reagan in 1980 or Bush in 1988.

Now you have an ACTUAL race baiter and folks are surprised folks aren't more outraged. What I'm telling you is not that it's right (it isn't), but it is the truth. It isn't that there's a large contingent that agrees - it's that they've heard the same claims all their lives.

Mitt Romney got called a racist - he wasn't.
John McCain got called a racist - he wasn't.

Same with Nixon, Reagan, and Bush, but the myths persist because, you know, they WON.

Trump IS totally unique in that and unfortunately it's going to further devolve our politics. But you can also look in the mirror (generic, not you personally) as to why so few give it any consideration. When you've heard all your lives that "X is racist" when he wasn't, the actual racist gets the benefit of the doubt (unfortunately).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We are all familiar with the old saying "don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

In my humble opinion, what we are seeing is many people who know better are supporting Trump because it "melts snowflakes." They are watching our country being degraded and putting up with it because it upsets liberals. They are cutting off the country's nose to show they can.
i don't think the evidence supports your conclusion.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't disagree.

But too bad folks screamed "racism" every time they lost for nearly 50 years and then nobody believed them when the real wolf showed up.

Now you have an ACTUAL race baiter and folks are surprised folks aren't more outraged. What I'm telling you is not that it's right (it isn't), but it is the truth. It isn't that there's a large contingent that agrees - it's that they've heard the same claims all their lives.

Same with Nixon, Reagan, and Bush, but the myths persist because, you know, they WON.

Trump IS totally unique in that and unfortunately it's going to further devolve our politics. But you can also look in the mirror (generic, not you personally) as to why so few give it any consideration. When you've heard all your lives that "X is racist" when he wasn't, the actual racist gets the benefit of the doubt (unfortunately).
Or, the subtle racism of the republican party for years paved the way for a more overt kind of racism led by a bombastic demagogue.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don't disagree.

Again, in my opinion, there was a deliberate appeal to racism when Reagan kicked off his Presidential campaign in Philadelphia Mississippi with a speech on "states rights." The "Southern Strategy" back then was intended to welcome racists from the Dem party into the GOP. The dog whistle of GOP racism has been replaced with a bullhorn by Trump.

Or, the subtle racism of the republican party for years paved the way for a more overt kind of racism lead by a bombastic demagogue.
I agree.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I don't care how many times someone else (arguably) cried wolf prematurely. Once you see the wolf yourself, it's entirely on you if it's ignored.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well eventually people will forgive Roseanne. It happens all the time. Countless celebrities have said or done racist, stupid, horrible things and over time they have gotten new shows or their old gig. Either people just forget or they forgive or just outright ignore it after some time has passed.

And of course somehow the usual suspects have turned this into a Trump thread.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't disagree.

Which is part of the point I am making.

Those who wish to politicize things are muddying up the water, so-to-speak.

There's so much money in politics though.....the system wants everyone to bicker with each other - and thus slight of hand wins the day.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I don't disagree.

As someone who - despite being married to an Asian immigrant and having in my family and circle of friends gays, lesbians, African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, Indians, Muslims, etc. - has been regularly been called a racist (including on this board) because of political disagreements, I agree that the "crying wolf" crowd has greatly damaged their POV on the issues they supposedly support. For those who like to think themselves so much smarter than everyone else, many sure do act like children with the condescension and name calling and regular use of logical fallacies. It's too bad.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Which is part of the point I am making.

Those who wish to politicize things are muddying up the water, so-to-speak.

There's so much money in politics though.....the system wants everyone to bicker with each other - and thus slight of hand wins the day.
you knew exactly who and what you were voting for, there was no slight of hand. once you and others voted trump into office, it by definition became political so spare us the lectures, you're not going to get a lot of support for "can't we all just get a long" and "it's all the media's fault"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.