Bama No. 2 in College Football News Predictions

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Agreed. Just wish some of Georgia’s opponents in the east were better. South Carolina may have the best shot. I can see Georgia dropping a game. However, their schedule is a bit easier than last year. I don’t like Georgia...too many fans who have been vaccinated with a Victrola needle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they have had very few seccg appearances in the last few years and during that same time the sec east was hot garbage and uga had a fairly sizable talent gap on most if not all of the sec east teams.

as much history and tradition as they have, it is not a history and tradition that involves championships (aside from almost getting championships)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
All true, but the lack of raw talent, more so than at any time in the modern history of college football, will not be an excuse if UGA doesn`t win BIG ( I`m talking beyond SEC championship level ) over the next 2-4 years, IMHO.
Or to put it another way, if Kirby can't at least play for a title or two in this time frame, his seat will get real warm.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think our Offense is going to look like a Pinball Machine -- that trio of receivers back with more depth at TE We've ever had plus the stable of backs -- I really do think we may be seeing an offense that will allow us to give up 15-20 ppg and not even really feel it much
And just wait until we add Jaylen Waddle to that trio. It's going to be amazingly fun to watch.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I personally think the writer of this piece is a little off on a couple of things:

1. He believes there will be a situational qb rotation. Sorry, I don't buy it. Not that JH might not play, or even start some games early next season, but I think as the season goes on (and IMO from the very beginning) Tua will get the majority of the meaningful reps. Because...

2. Struggles on 3rd down. If he understood why we struggled he'd understand why Tua will eventually take over the position. There's one reason we struggled with 3rd downs the last two years. Love the kid and respect him, but it's because of Jalen. In obvious passing downs, he's just not that good, especially against the best defenses. Tua's going to put this to rest and we may see our best offense in years!
Plus there was the comment about Jalen being one play away from being a two-time NC QB as a starter. We very likely wouldn't have won the last NC if he had stayed in the game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I still don't get why these media types keep saying Jalen is 26-2 as a starter. Yes technically he started the National Championship game and the team won. I look at it like baseball. If the team is losing, and the starting pitcher gets yanked and the closer comes in and wins, he gets the win. Tua was our closer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I still don't get why these media types keep saying Jalen is 26-2 as a starter. Yes technically he started the National Championship game and the team won. I look at it like baseball. If the team is losing, and the starting pitcher gets yanked and the closer comes in and wins, he gets the win. Tua was our closer.
With that thinking, he's still 26-2 because you would have to give him the win against USC.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Jalen deserves credit for helping GET the team to the title game, but in no way does he deserve credit for the win itself over Tua and I think that’s how most reasonable people see it, regardless of how the official stats read or how they are interpreted. In the baseball analogy, he would have rightfully been the winning pitcher against USC( he inherited a 3-0 deficit from BB) and correctly no-decisioned in the title game(he left a 13-0 deficit before the comeback was engineered by Tua.).

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have a suspicion Kirby may be taking liberties that may come back to haunt him. Lets see what his team does this year. They lost a ton of seniors and talent last year. I think Florida will be back to challenging them sooner rather than later too. Dan Mullen is the real deal.
That could be but I don't raise my eyebrows when teams with talent rich states and a history of top recruiting reel in the big names. It is the Ole Misses and the like that set alarms off.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I got no complaints about what Kirby is doing in Athens, but I would still take Dabo any day of the week over him. What Dabo has done at Clemson is remarkable.
Reading between the lines of your post: Kirby is a UGA legacy, so I doubt seriously that he would even be considered to be CNS replacement...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Now you have to "coach 'em up" --

I'm hoping he's more like Pete Carroll -- just scooping u 5* kids - w/o determining how they fit into the process.

You can have 5* talent everywhere, but if they aren't coachable, and there is no chemistry -- it's going to be tough to win it all...
Funny that you mention Carroll. Kiffin has the same approach...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.